Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug 31450 followup

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

ezu, we need your logs to see what's going on. are you saying that each of your single log file is so huge that you can't upload even after zip? for example, the log file from today is also that huge?

if that is indeed the case please open the log files to check for any obvious exceptions or errors. this is quite unusual since most of our log files are much much smaller even without compression.

ezu
    ezu is offline Loyal Member

Default zdesktop.out and zdesktop.log files attached for Bug 31450

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    ezu, we can't reproduce what you described using other accounts. the steps you mentioned are very common and people do it all the time. but just to be certain i tried it right now, and it works fine for my yahoo account. i'm pretty sure the issue you are having is unique to your account and therefore we need your logs. let's start with your latest logs first, namely zdesktop.log and zdesktop.out. we'll go from there. any further comments regarding this issue pleaase post to the bug instead. thanks!
    I have attached the zdesktop.out and zdesktop.log files in a split .zip file (as the file was slightly larger than 4 MB, I have split it using hjsplit) as attachment for Bug 31450 in Bugzilla.

Hope that we are able to resolve the mails disappearing from yahoo web server once and for all. Just for your information, I also tried moving the data files by moving the five directories as mentioned in an earlier post by jjzhuang on migrating mails from one machine to other. The data files were moved from XP to Vista after stopping zimbra services. However, although I can open my local mails on the new machine in Zimbra DT, they did not get pushed to yahoo web server when I clicked Send/Receive.

I will request you to update this post as soon as you can open the zdesktop.log and zdesktop.out files from the bug attachment in Bugzilla for Bug 31450. That way, I will have some hopes of getting the "disappearing" mails issue resolved sooner rather than later. You can respond with more details once you know the resolution to the problem.
    Last edited by ezu; 11-10-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added a paragraph.

I looked at the logs. Please respond to my message request. It loosk like a timeout issue on the yahoo server when we try to upload a message.

ezu

Default Bug 31450 follow up

I looked at the logs. Please respond to my message request. It loosk like a timeout issue on the yahoo server when we try to upload a message.
    I have responded to the bug in Bugzilla. Please look at the same and hopefully this will give us more insight in the bug and resolution.

ezu

Default Any update to Bug 31450

Hi, Any futher update on the bug and its resolution will be appreciated. As per your comments in Bugzilla, I had attached the files required by you to the bug and also provided further details on what folders sync and what does not with yahoo web server few days back.

ezu

Angry Bug 31450.

Quote Originally Posted by ezu View Post
    Hi, Any futher update on the bug and its resolution will be appreciated. As per your comments in Bugzilla, I had attached the files required by you to the bug and also provided further details on what folders sync and what does not with yahoo web server few days back.
    I have had an extremely BAD EXPERIENCE with Zimbra so far. It could be problem with Yahoo timeout or Zimbra desktop or anybody and anything between including Global recession and Financial crisis which could have affected the same but the bottomline is "no progress is being made to close critical bugs and new versions bring newer problems". Zimbra desktop could not find anything else to eat so it has ate up my mails from yahoo web server, never mind that we are paying Yahoo customers.

Does the latest update have the one message blocks all kind of behavior removed so that other messages get to sync with yahoo web server. Just for your information, initially I was so thrilled by such a good product that I chose my user name to ezu (Enthusiastic Zimbra User). I now regret the same.

ezu, I understand your frustration and I'm sorry. We tried to reproduce your issue with a test account doing exactly what you did, but we can't see the same issue.

According to your comments, you tried the latest build 1418 and it's still blocked. We actually specifically added a logic to skip over the issue you had, so I'm not sure why that didn't work. In this case we'll need a fresh log to see what's going on.

Once again, my apologies. We are committed to solve your problems. Once we get the new logs I'll let you know what we find.

In the mailbox search box on the top left (not the web search box on the right), type in "$set:debugtrace on" (without the quotes) and hit enter/return. You'll see a green popup saying debug trace is turned on. Then click the Send/Receive button to manually force a sync and wait for the spinning indicator to turn into the red error indicator. Then open the log file <install>/log/zdesktop.log and find the trace section of lines between
    ============================== SYNC DEBUG TRACE START ==============================
    and
    ============================== SYNC DEBUG TRACE END ================================
    If you have multiple of such sections, find the last trace section.

Thanks!

ezu

Default Bug 31450 continues in release 1418

ezu, I understand your frustration and I'm sorry. We tried to reproduce your issue with a test account doing exactly what you did, but we can't see the same issue.

According to your comments, you tried the latest build 1418 and it's still blocked. We actually specifically added a logic to skip over the issue you had, so I'm not sure why that didn't work. In this case we'll need a fresh log to see what's going on.

Once again, my apologies. We are committed to solve your problems. Once we get the new logs I'll let you know what we find.

In the mailbox search box on the top left (not the web search box on the right), type in "$set:debugtrace on" (without the quotes) and hit enter/return. You'll see a green popup saying debug trace is turned on. Then click the Send/Receive button to manually force a sync and wait for the spinning indicator to turn into the red error indicator. Then open the log file <install>/log/zdesktop.log and find the trace section of lines between
    ============================== SYNC DEBUG TRACE START ==============================
    and
    ============================== SYNC DEBUG TRACE END ================================
    If you have multiple of such sections, find the last trace section.

Thanks!
    I appreciate all the efforts that you are taking to resolve the issues. Unfortunately the problem exists in build 1418 also. I have attached the lines from zdesktop.log between sync debug trace start and sync debug trace end to bugzilla bug. I have also mentioned once again the folders with which I am having problems syncing (as it is not all folders). I am happy that this time we do not have to worry with file sizes as the section you required was very specifically mentioned in the above description and I also knew exactly what needs to be done.

Thanks for all the help. I am sure that "Yes, We Can" resolve this bug.

OK, it still looks like the same issue. How many times have you tried to manually click "Send/Receive"? We added a logic for your case so that if appending a message fails 3 times we'll skip over. If it's stuck no matter how many times you try it, then we need more work. We'll get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

ezu

Default Bug 31450 followup

OK, it still looks like the same issue. How many times have you tried to manually click "Send/Receive"? We added a logic for your case so that if appending a message fails 3 times we'll skip over. If it's stuck no matter how many times you try it, then we need more work. We'll get to the bottom of this. Thanks!
    After reading this message, I tried manual send/receive at least three times (I waited the send receive to complete each time by waiting for the red icon next to account name to appear from the white dynamic circle before clicking it again). Still the folders that do not sync are same as before. Is any clue available from the names of folders and its subsequent entries in log files attached in the bug in Bugzilla ? If required, I can attach the latest SYNC START through SYNC END lines to Bugzilla like before.
    Last edited by ezu; 12-18-2008 at 03:09 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information