Thread: Endless Error Reports

ljarmin is offline Starter Member

Default Endless Error Reports

Help! My Zimbra self-updated, and now I'm getting an endless stream of error reports. It's about one to two a minute...I was gone from my computer for a few hours, and I had over a 1000 Error Reports!

Please help! It's the same one every time:

Product name: Zimbra Desktop
    Product version: 0.91
    Build ID: 1338
    Release type: BETA
    OS Platform: Windows Vista x86 6.0
    Time of event: 2008-10-10 13:37:20
    Error type: service.FAILURE
    Error summary: Synchronization of folder 'Trash' failed. Synchronization has been disabled for this folder

Failure details:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to store IMAP message data
    ExceptionId:sync-timer-ljarmin@umich.edu:1223660240399:8b2be9f28e7c7aeb
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbImapFolder.createImapFolder(DbI mapFolder.java:111)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.DataSource.createImapFolder( DataSource.java:331)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.createLoca lFolder(ImapFolderSync.java:434)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncFolder (ImapFolderSync.java:112)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncRemoteFolder s(ImapSync.java:176)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:157)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:120)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:158)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:354)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:327)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:383)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:307)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:259)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL080902215201910' defined on 'IMAP_FOLDER'.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.get SQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLExcep tion(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl .wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl .handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeS tatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement. executeStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement. executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatemen t.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:2 33)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbImapFolder.createImapFolder(DbI mapFolder.java:106)
    ... 14 more
    Caused by: ERROR 23505: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL080902215201910' defined on 'IMAP_FOLDER'.
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.ins ertAndCheckDups(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.doI nsert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.ins ert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexSetChanger. insert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.RowChangerImpl.i nsertRow(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet. normalInsertCore(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet. open(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement .execute(Unknown Source)
    ... 19 more

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

please file a bug with this information. thanks!

ljarmin is offline Starter Member

I'll do that, but does that mean there is no solution and I have to just wait and get an Error Report every minute until a new build comes out? How long does that take?

Tylast is offline Intermediate Member

Has anyone noticed that the sync for each folder keeps turning itself off?

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by ljarmin View Post
    I'll do that, but does that mean there is no solution and I have to just wait and get an Error Report every minute until a new build comes out? How long does that take?
    At this point, you may have to backup your local data, do a sync with server, then uninstall everything - wipe out the whole installation directory.

Download the installer from zimbra.com and reinstall.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

balusss is offline Active Member

Question

I too find my "Error Reports" folder flooded with mails after the upgrade.
    Summaries:
    Synchronization of folder 'Alerts/CRITICAL' failed. Synchronization has been disabled for this folder
    Synchronization of folder 'Trash/Deleted Items' failed. Synchronization has been disabled for this folder
    Synchronization of folder 'Trash/Sent Items' failed. Synchronization has been disabled for this folder
    and i observe this for all folders i deleted or moved. i think these error msgs existed in the logs prior to upgrading. anyway, how do i rectify this?

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

we need to know what's causing it. please follow these steps:

a) Go to account setup page of your yahoo account. If you are in the main UI you can find a link called "Account Setup" on the upper right corner, then click on the yahoo account in question.

b) Check the checkbox labeled "Enable debug trace" and save the change.

c) Go back to the main UI and do another sync by clicking "Send/Receive".

d) find the two log files under <install>/log: zdesktop.log and zdesktop.out. <install> is the folder where you chose to install Zimbra Desktop. File a bug and attach both as private attachments. Note please don't mark the bug as private, but mark the attachments as private. Attachments marked as private can only be viewed by zimbra employees. These two log files don't contain your yahoo password. To file a bug, go to Log in to Bugzilla and select "Desktop Client" as Component.

dac
    dac is offline Zimbra Employee

There is a bug in 'datasource.properties' which is causing both 'Deleted Items' and any folder named 'Junk' to be mapped to the same local folder.

The workaround is to locate your ZDesktop conf directory and edit the file named 'datasource properties' ($HOME/zimbra/zdesktop/conf/datasource.properties on OS/X).

First locate the following 3 lines:

datasource.3.serviceName=.msexchange
    datasource.3.knownFolder.count=7
    datasource.3.saveToSent=true

The 'knownFolder.count' for Microsoft Exchange is incorrect and should be 8.

Please change the above lines to the following:

datasource.3.serviceName=.msexchange
    datasource.3.knownFolder.count=8
    datasource.3.saveToSent=true

After making this change, please restart the ZDesktop service and let me know if the folder sync errors are fixed.

Thanks,
    David

dac
    dac is offline Zimbra Employee

FYI, the above fix will only help those who are having problems with Microsoft Exchange accounts.

Thread Information