Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From field incomplete :(

vincen is offline Active Member

Unhappy From field incomplete :(

Hi,

I wanted to use Zimbra Desktop so I installed latest version on my Macpro on Leopard but I have that issue:

When I want to write a new email from Zimbra Desktop it lists only my main account and avatar but not all the POP accounts setup in my Zimbra account is there something I missed or a workaround for that ?

Thanks in advance

Vincèn

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

sorry i don't understand your issue. and what avatar are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    sorry i don't understand your issue. and what avatar are you talking about?
    In zimbra web interface, I created in preferences -> Account some avatars and also some POP accounts, so that when I do a new mail in web interface it offers me choice to select account used for the from field (and in that list appears both POP accounts and avatars).
    When I user Zimbra Desktop, I can only select avatars and main account as from field and not all the POP accounts

Is it clear ?

Vincèn

So you are a ZCS user, and you created a POP account in your zimbra account online. Then you sync your online zimbra account to Zimbra Desktop. Is that the case?

Well, we don't sync any POP or IMAP datasources from online to desktop. That's because Zimbra Desktop itself supports directly sync with POP or IMAP sources. To avoid confusion, we disabled sync of POP/IMAP datasources within Zimbra mailboxes.

So you are a ZCS user, and you created a POP account in your zimbra account online. Then you sync your online zimbra account to Zimbra Desktop. Is that the case?
    Perfectly right

Well, we don't sync any POP or IMAP datasources from online to desktop. That's because Zimbra Desktop itself supports directly sync with POP or IMAP sources. To avoid confusion, we disabled sync of POP/IMAP datasources within Zimbra mailboxes.
    Well nice so it means Zimbra Desktop is completely useless and unusable for ZCS customers in that case as I'm unable from Zimbra Desktop to send mail with From field of one of my POP accounts. It's really not a good idea in my point of view

Thanks for explanations

Vincèn

Kallisti is offline Loyal Member

Quote Originally Posted by vincen View Post
    Well nice so it means Zimbra Desktop is completely useless
    not even going to comment that..

Quote Originally Posted by vincen View Post
    I'm unable from Zimbra Desktop to send mail with From field of one of my POP accounts
    My guess is that you could do what jjzhuang wrote, namely just add your POP-accounts in ZD.
    /K

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    not even going to comment that..
    Well sorry I should have said: completely useless in my configuration with multiple IMAP/POP accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    My guess is that you could do what jjzhuang wrote, namely just add your POP-accounts in ZD.
    /K
    Yep but if I do that it creates multiple inbox in Zimbra Desktop and I don't want at all that because it means I'll need to check each time all the INBOX to see my new emails which is really not useful

If you have any other idea I would be interested Thanks for your help

Vincèn

I understand you can be frustrated when a feature you want doesn't work the way you want.

We don't make these calls lightly. Zimbra Desktop is designed to be a multi-headed client just like ThunderBird or Outlook. If we also allow sync of your online zimbra account's POP/IMAP datasource, we would have to also provide a way for you to configure these datasources within a Zimbra mailbox. At the same time you can also configure POP/IMAP independent of a zimbra mailbox. To many users this will create too much confusion.

I understand you can be frustrated when a feature you want doesn't work the way you want.
    We don't make these calls lightly. Zimbra Desktop is designed to be a multi-headed client just like ThunderBird or Outlook. If we also allow sync of your online zimbra account's POP/IMAP datasource, we would have to also provide a way for you to configure these datasources within a Zimbra mailbox. At the same time you can also configure POP/IMAP independent of a zimbra mailbox. To many users this will create too much confusion.
    Yep I understand the issue, I'm just sorry it doesn't work the way I'd like If I add in Zimbra Desktop my POP/IMAP accounts, is there a way that it uses same inbox (as in Zimbra web interface) for all accounts ?

Thanks

Vincèn

We don't aggregate into a single inbox, but you will see new mail arriving in all mailboxes in various ways. First of all if you are on Win/Mac, you'll see popup alerts of incoming messages into any account you specify. Secondly in the accordion view you will see the name of the account highlight when it receives new mail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information