Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiple accounts - Multiple SENT folders

jolass is offline Intermediate Member

Mike, I am glad you try to help me. In most cases here I get "Why do you need more than one email account?" I dont understand how companies can do private emailing and common sales@ accounts without doing what we do in Exchange like this; capture1.jpg

Mike, there are NO way we can have our accounts like this and still use it as I want to? I mean, it will be ALOT of folders in the same account when you add 15 folders from sales@ and support@.

Yeah... I got a bit confused though. Dont give me up... I REALLY want to go over to Zimbra, I just need to get everything to work properly.

Baylink is offline Elite Member

I'm going to throw you a curve ball, dude.

Why aren't you feeding sales@ and support@ into a ticket tracking system like RT or OTRS, instead of trying to handle them with your default email system... regular email isn't really built for what you're trying to do, and it's the flavor of the week for ticket systems?
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

It is a good question but Exchange does a good job (function wise) so I am a bit "disapointed" that Zimbra cant do it without "workarounds"?

What ticket systems can you suggest? Are these add-ons to Outlook?

"a ticket tracking system like RT or OTRS" :-)

I would suggest to you that Exchange probably doesn't do as good as job function wise as you think it does, a possible case study:

What happens if one of your employees goes Bad on you, and cusses out a customer in reply to mail in your Sales mailbox? How would you know *who did it*? Does your current solution, with a shared mailbox and password, actually keep close enough track for you to tell?

I don't think it does, but perhaps you have some magic I don't know about... or I just don't know Exchange well enough, which happens.
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

Oh sorry, didnt catch that.

What I mean by Exchange/Outlook has the functions is that it makes what we need it to do.

You have a point about security, but you are mentioning that regards to that we should use sent-on-behalf-of? Is there any chance by implementing a ticket system in Zimbra?

Are there any possibilites to make the folder setup more tidy when adding/sharing many folders? What I mean is to seperate the folders a bit more than having them all listed down...

Any emails sent to sales@ will get into the shared inbox, but two times? So I get a copy of each email into the inbox.

Mike, in all this, back and forth from my side, what do you really suggest us to do?

Quote Originally Posted by jolass View Post
    What I mean by Exchange/Outlook has the functions is that it makes what we need it to do.

You have a point about security, but you are mentioning that regards to that we should use sent-on-behalf-of? Is there any chance by implementing a ticket system in Zimbra?
    I wouldn't think so, no. Typically, though, you would interact with a ticketing system like OTRS or RT *by* email; they really are a better fit design-wise for the sort of work you're trying to do.

I'm sure you can find a way to get Zimbra to do what you want directly, but you can hammer nails with an M1911A1, too.

It's just that it might go off and shoot you...

mmorse is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jolass View Post
    Are there any possibilites to make the folder setup more tidy when adding/sharing many folders? What I mean is to seperate the folders a bit more than having them all listed down...
    You can put shared mountpoints inside folders - either at the / or /Inbox level:
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-17-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: better pic

Mike, thanks. I just managed to use folder structures. Dumb of me to not think of that earlier.

Baylink, M1911A1?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information