Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiple accounts - Multiple SENT folders

jolass is offline Intermediate Member

Do I understand you correctly that you mean i should have the SALES SENT folder in jan@ folder structure as it is shared? is that the way to do it?

Jan

mmorse is offline Moderator

Ok those aren't shares - they simply went to preferences > accounts > add external account > IMAP > & filled in local information. So in effect it's local external account aggregation. If that's the route you go, without a per-persona zimbraPrefSentMailFolder (mentioned in the bug above) you can't store in those sales@ or support@ sent folders.

Sharing:
    Can you login to sales@? Open sales account > right click (inbox & sent) > share folder > jan@

(you can mount the whole / root later but just do those for now)
    Share icons will look like this:

Why use shares?
    A)Shares will eventually update instantaneously: Bug 6082 - enable notification for delegate stores/shared folders

B) Account aggregation is a datasource and thus needs a polling interval set (unless you want to always hit "get external mail") http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...html#post97880 Those polling intervals are usually also set at least greater than 5 min because a lot of them can increase server load. We decided to forgo the end-user preferences on that frequency Bug 22114 - Expose external account polling interval in UI because of the server performance effects (even with an admin min); however we do plan on exposing it in the admin console: Bug 21199 - add ability to set autopolling in admin console so you don't have to user other SOAP/Java/CLI methods (outlined in above thread) to set.

C) You can control who has delete permissions:

None - None
    Viewer - View(r)
    Manager - View(r), Edit(w), Add(i), Remove(d), Accept(x), Decline(x)
    Admin - View(r), Edit(w), Add(i), Remove(d), Accept(x), Decline(x), Administer(a)

(r)ead - search, view overviews and items
    (w)rite - edit drafts/contacts/notes, set flags
    (i)nsert - copy/add to directory, create subfolders
    action (x) - workflow actions, like accepting appointments
    (d)elete - delete items and subfolders, set \Deleted flag
    (a)dminister - delegate admin and change permissions on shares

For instance you could make yourself a custom 'author' or 'editor' role if using SOAP/CLI/Java to add permissions - something like:
    Editor - View(r), Edit(w), Accept(x), Decline(x)
    Author - View(r), Edit(w), Add(i), Accept(x), Decline(x)

zmmailbox -z -m theshare@domain.com modifyFolderGrant /Folder account user@domain.com rwx

The createMountpoint command is commonly used after this:
    zmmailbox z -m user@domain.com createMountpoint --view appointment "/Vacation Calendar" vacationcal@domain.com /VacationDates

You can do any of the following [account <name> |group <name> |domain <name> |all |public| guest <email> <password>] followed by the permissions like r, rw, rwix, rwixd, rwixda, none, etc.

Bug 15205 - share roles - custom (editor / author) levels
    Bug 12654 - Request Editor share level between Viewer and Manager

D) Well there's no zimbraPrefSentMailFolder per external account/persona at the moment.

E) I'm really not sure how single instance storage (what keeps disk space down) works when the blob is on the same server & you do 'external aggregation' - I'd have to look into that more.

F) The separated structure and the contacts / emailed contacts folders gave it away. (If you want to share things like contacts with those as well they won't appear in address book tab) Sharing lets you provide others with access to anything in the UI - addressbook, calendars, tasks, docs, briefcase, etc.)

Till Bug 24804 - Share entire mailbox in one click. is done to share the / root your provider can run something like: zmmailbox -z - m sales@domain.com modifyFolderGrant domain domain.com (then createMountpoint after that)
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-16-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Ok, I have shared the send sales@ folder and it is now shown under jan@. Next step, how do I route the sent notes to the shared sent sales@ folder which I do reply?

You want me to have the same view/setup on the left colomn?

Once you have the sales@ inbox & sent folders mounted in jan@ simply reply to a message (using the jan@ account) that's in the sales@ inbox mountpoint & the magic on-behalf-of should do the rest.

Oh, I need to share the inbox as well, meaning I dont need all 3 accounts structures on the left?

Jan

Right, you can remove them in preferences > accounts.
    ie: External accounts don't scale for everyone in your organization - plus you're gonna use sharing anyways if you want addressbooks, calendars, tasks, docs, briefcase items, etc.

How can I start a new email from scratch if I want to send from Sales? I dont get that option now, right?

Something strange is happening;

1. sending from jan@ to sales@.
    2. incoming email to sales@ shared inbox.
    3. Replying on email from sales@ inbox.
    4. Email doesnt arrive in jan@ inbox, but sales@ shared inbox??

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by jolass View Post
    How can I start a new email from scratch if I want to send from Sales? I dont get that option now, right?
    Alas till that previous bug is worked out for on-belhalf permissions & options you'd have to always start composing the mail as a reply, or combine that with a persona that has "Replying to or forwarding messages in folder(s)" or "When replying or forwarding messages sent to" > use sale@ for the reply-to / from fields:

To get the 'From:' field seemless (normally you can only set the reply-to) you need the permission to send as any address or specific addresses set - pic of that in the admin console:

The last option would be to just have sales@ be a distribution list & have everyone always CC sales@ on outgoing mails - of course that's another level of trust.

(I would have sales@ be an actual account if you plan on sharing other items besides mail with sales staff & different items in the support@ account with support personnel.)

Picking which method to use for workflow process can be daunting - I hope I haven't presented too many options to confuse you! All 3 have strengths and weaknesses at the moment for what you want to do - but the cool thing about Zimbra is that we make it what people request - shape it how you want through bugzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by jolass View Post
    Something strange is happening;
    1. sending from jan@ to sales@.
    2. incoming email to sales@ shared inbox.
    3. Replying on email from sales@ inbox.
    4. Email doesnt arrive in jan@ inbox, but sales@ shared inbox??
    Could you outline what account your logged-in as each time, and from what folder in that account you're replying - I think you're just hitting reply-to field behavior.
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-16-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Baylink is offline Elite Member

Looking at some of those bugs, Mike; I realized that Bugzilla doesn't seem to have a place for "target release expected to fix this bug". Am I missing it? Or do you just have to carry that internally in your PM system?
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information