Thread: [SOLVED] where's the smileys?

katilea is offline Starter Member

Smile [SOLVED] where's the smileys?

Hi

I downloaded Zimbra as it was by Yahoo and thought it would have emoticons in the email same as the basic yahoo email, but cant see any. I got HTML bar on and it shows buttons for changing fonts etc but theres no smiley face button?

How do I do emoticons?

I tried this as Apple mail doesnt have them and although Thunderbird does they only seem to show up in my email not the recipients.

Can anyone tell me how I can get them before i delete it off my hard drive and try a different one?

Thanks

Tylast is offline Intermediate Member

It would be nice to have them.

LoneCrowe is offline Member

I'd like to know why this is solved..

Were they removed? Or is it an enterprise only feature? I keep seeing all sorts of these little features getting removed as they go forward. Almost like doing a moonwalk..

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LoneCrowe View Post
    Were they removed? Or is it an enterprise only feature? I keep seeing all sorts of these little features getting removed as they go forward.
    You're mistaken, none of these features are being removed. If you use a current version of ZCS you'll know that emoticons are still available when composing email. In future, please don't resurrect threads that are over four years old and relate to older versions of ZCS.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I have the latest version and they do not exist in my installation. I asked in chat, I googled, I searched the forum and have been unable to find any answers to many of my questions. I've found many other questions gone unanswered as well, maybe I should have just made a new post sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You're mistaken, none of these features are being removed. If you use a current version of ZCS you'll know that emoticons are still available when composing email. In future, please don't resurrect threads that are over four years old and relate to older versions of ZCS.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LoneCrowe View Post
    I have the latest version and they do not exist in my installation. I asked in chat, I googled, I searched the forum and have been unable to find any answers to many of my questions. I've found many other questions gone unanswered as well, maybe I should have just made a new post sorry.
    If your email is not in HTML format then there is no smileys, if it is then you'll see them on the option bar - I assume you are talking about the Zimbra Collaboration Server which is the topic of this thread?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yes, the open source version I am testing. I am using HTML and it is not an option via web or desktop client either. However I found the answer, it doesn't install it by default, there are a bunch of zimlet-extras where some emoticons from yahoo exist you can install manually. Found a whole bunch I didn't even know existed either.

Now you can consider this closed .. answer is here

[SOLVED] Reinstalling Yahoo Emoticons?

Thread Information