Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mails moved in Zimbra desktop to folders do not appear in Yahoo web mail

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

mailbox.log gets rotated every night. you can open the log check timestamps of each log line. usually if you have just finished testing, the current log is the one named "mailbox.log" without timestamp in the filename.

ezu
    ezu is offline Loyal Member

Unhappy Mails moved in Zimbra desktop to folders do not appear in Yahoo web mail

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    mailbox.log gets rotated every night. you can open the log check timestamps of each log line. usually if you have just finished testing, the current log is the one named "mailbox.log" without timestamp in the filename.
    I have now added the additional information below in second paragraph to bug information in bugzilla if it helps.

I had moved the mails from inbox / other folders to locally created folders on Zimbra desktop quite a few weeks back. Now, they are gone from yahoo web server and exist only in Zimbra local folders. Even if the folders are set to sync, they do not get uploaded to the yahoo web server. From this information, how do I identify as to which mailbox.log file should I attach with the bug.

On another note, I also tried one more thing which might be of help to you. I created a local folder in Zimbra desktop and this time I set it to sync before I moved any mails to same. I waited for few minutes and once I saw the folder existed in Yahoo web mail, I moved ONLY ONE mail from one of the folders to the newly created folder. I found that the mail did get uploaded to yahoo web server few minutes later when it was sycn'ed. However, when I moved all the other mails in bulk by selecting all of them and moving them to the newly created folder, now they refuse to upload to the yahoo web server. Only one mail which was initially uploaded is available on Yahoo web server from the folder whereas all the others are not. It might be possible for you to repeat this on your end and see if it leads to identifying the problem.

I can also send you the mailbox.log file if I can pinpoint as to which one you want through bugzilla as private attachment.
    Last edited by ezu; 09-10-2008 at 10:18 PM.

ezu

Smile What is milestone Franklin ?

In the bug posted, it has been changed to target milestone as Franklin.

Is it the name of the next release ? Any update on the release date, if available will be appreciated.

we have not yet confirmed that there's a bug. the milesone is a placeholder.

ezu

Question

we have not yet confirmed that there's a bug. the milesone is a placeholder.
    Any update on this will be appreciated. When I checked Bugzilla, I can see some changes by anandp and others in last few days but could not view the details as they come are displayed as keywords and hidden *.

bpc
    bpc is offline New Member

Default Sync issues Zimbra and Yahoo Mail Plus folders.

Ezu and jjzhuang

Iíve been having similar issues with a yahoo plus account Ė and can replicate the error.

I know you have bug 31450 written up in Bugzilla and on 9/11 jjzhuang wasnít sure if the issue was an error or not. I have enabled debug trace if a log would help.

It's in the queue so you'll be notified.

rorym is offline Member

I've also still got this problem too. If you need any extra log files let me know.

Rory

morrisage is offline Starter Member

It is highly disappointing that yahoo has chosen to come out with such a crapy product which is nothing but a bug in itself. Why not yahoo try out the product initially within their office and then release the beta version world wide? Also it looks funny that a company of your stature still struggling with this IMAP thing when companies which started off yesterday have gone far ahead in this. It looks like yahoo wants to beat someone to the finish line......is it Microsoft or Google?

Regards,

Morris.
    Last edited by morrisage; 09-29-2008 at 07:24 AM.

ezu

Unhappy Bug 31450 related (Mails not pushed to yahoo web server)

It's in the queue so you'll be notified.
    In response to David's update on Bugzilla, for bug 31450, I have updated the comments on Bugzilla website to provide the required information.

However, I am slightly surprised to see that the same set of information that has been posted both in this forum earlier in this thread and also available in earlier bugzilla comments while posting the bug is being requested.

Am I missing something or is it that the information available in this thread or bugzilla has been overlooked due to whatever reason ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information