Thread: Sync between Zimbra desktop on multiple computers

ezu
    ezu is offline Loyal Member

Default Sync between Zimbra desktop on multiple computers

Hi,

I have started using Zimbra desktop and quite happy with it. Currently, I am having one desktop where Zimbra desktop is installed and that is the only place where Zimbra is configured to retrieve email from yahoo, gmail, ymail etc.

Now, I wanted to start to use Zimbra more and had a few critical questions before I do that.

If I install Zimbra on a desktop, a laptop and another desktop and ensure first that everything is in sync. However, after that, what will happen to the Zimbra desktop status in following cases

a) I send / receive / move mails into different folders from Yahoo web mail one time (what happens to the three Zimbra desktop mails)
    b) I send / receive / move mails into different folders from Zimbra desktop installed on first PC (what happens to other two Zimbra desktop mails and to yahoo web mail)
    c) Later in the day, I send / receive / move mails into different folders from Zimbra desktop installed on laptop (what happens to other two Zimbra desktop mails and to yahoo web mail)
    d) Still later in the day, I send / receive / move mails into different folders from Zimbra desktop installed on second PC (what happens to other two Zimbra desktop mails and to yahoo web mail)
    e) Last but not the least, if I continue to use only one PC and do not use other PC or laptop for days together (switched off mode or no use of Zimbra desktop at the least) and have done substantial amount of activity using Zimbra desktop on the first PC, what will happen to Zimbra mail on the laptop and the second PC (I guess this might be same as question b)

Thanking in advance
    Last edited by ezu; 08-15-2008 at 12:34 AM.

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

the intended behavior is for all of your installs to synchronize to the same data. however there's some optimization so that we don't often sync folders other than Inbox. to bring all boxes to the same dataset, do a manual sync (click on "Send/Receive") on all boxes.

Thread Information