Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folder syncing between Zimbra desktop and Yahoo Mail

rorym is offline Member

Default Folder syncing between Zimbra desktop and Yahoo Mail

I've installed Zimbra Desktop (not sure on the version, downloaded and installed today) and have synced with my normal Yahoo Mail account (not a premium account or anything, just a normal free one)

I've created some folders in Zimbra and dragged/dropped some of my mails around to tidy them up.

The new folders are showing up in the webmail client, but the messages in them aren't... Have I made a terrible error - I couldn't find any mention of problems in the readme (apart from nested folders and I don't have any of those)

I've RMB'd on the folders and turned sync on if that matters. I've also searched these forums and not found anything useful. The messages that I dragged/dropped are still showing in my Zimbra desktop but have gone from the webmail interface.

Any ideas?

Rory

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

newly created folders don't get synced by default. Have you tried enabling sync on them? You can right click on the folder name to turn that on.

rorym is offline Member

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I've done that and the new folders appear in the webmail client but the messages I've dragged and dropped have disappeared in the webmail. It is very odd. They are in the new folders in the Zimbra desktop software.

I thought it may just be slow at syncing but ny network card shows no attempt at upload activity, but it must have uploaded to create the folders in the webmail account. Is there a "force sync" button somewhere?

Or is it because I'm not on Yahoo Mail Plus and only on a free account? If so this really needs to be in big letters in the readme.

If not then any other ideas?

Rory

rorym is offline Member

Now I'm getting an error showing up in Zimbra. I tried re-entering my password for the Yahoo account and it says

com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.CommandFailedException: LOGIN failed: LOGIN failure. Server Error-Please try again after some time. Error code 5

Any ideas?

Rory

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

ymail server returns error code 5. probably you tried too many times in short period. wait 15 minutes for that to timeout.

rorym is offline Member

The error 5 message is sorted but I still have the issue of the missing emails. I can see lots of emails in lots of folders in the Zimbra Desktop. I can see the folders in the Yahoo Mail web client but the emails aren't in them.

Only the emails I dragged and dropped in Zimbra are missing - It's as if they've been deleted. If I do a search for them in the Yahoo web client they don't show.

Can I push them back from the Zimbra desktop onto the web client? This is quite important to me now.

Thanks for any help you can give

Rory

rorym is offline Member

Some more information if it's any use..

I took this from the mailbox log file, I've xxxx'd my email address. This is just a small excerpt, it gives much the same for each folder.

Thanks for any help.

Rory

2008-07-26 08:45:30,428 INFO [sync-timer-xxxxx@xxxxx] [] datasource - Remote folder 'Playstation': Appending 34 new message(s) to remote IMAP folder
    2008-07-26 08:45:30,428 ERROR [sync-timer-xxxxx@xxxxx] [] datasource - Synchronization of folder '/Playstation' failed
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection is closed
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.sendR equest(ImapConnection.java:431)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.send(Ima pRequest.java:75)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:79)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.doSel ectOrExamine(ImapConnection.java:198)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.selec t(ImapConnection.java:185)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.RemoteFolder.select(Remot eFolder.java:134)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendMess agesNoUidPlus(ImapFolderSync.java:484)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendNewM essages(ImapFolderSync.java:442)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.finishSync (ImapFolderSync.java:335)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.finishSync(ImapS ync.java:230)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:162)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:122)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:319)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:300)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:357)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:282)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:117)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

praetorian is offline Starter Member

I am having the same exact problem--I originally moved some messages to a non-synced folder, turned-on the sync, but now those messages don't show up anywhere (in my web-based Yahoo mail). I tried moving them back to the inbox but they still don't show up either (only in Zimbra).

Anyone have any ideas how I can get those messages back?

I've tried moving some test email messages after, and the same thing happens whether the folder is synced or not.

[Update]:
    I just checked my mail in Zimbra just now and it seems like the messages I moved with Zimbra now show up in my web-based Yahoo. So it's all good now Rorym you should check to see if this problem is gone, hopefully it is.
    Last edited by praetorian; 07-27-2008 at 09:10 PM.

rorym is offline Member

Any news on this? It is obviously quite important to me as my emails are now only stored locally and have disappeared from the web client. Only thing I can think of is to resend them all to myself but I'll lose the from addresses and time/dates they were sent.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Rory

dac
    dac is offline Zimbra Employee

Hi Rory,

Did you try clicking on the "Check Mail" button within Zimbra Desktop? This will always force a full sync of all folders and should ensure that the moved messages are uploaded to the remote server. You will also need to click on "Check Mail" within the YMail web client if you want to see the changes on the remote side. If this doesn't solve your problem then please let me know.

Also, the stack trace above certainly seems suspicious. Would you mind sending the entire log file so we can examine it more closely?

Thanks,
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information