You can make the changes either globally or per domain. If you set the skin colors and logos globally, all themes on all domains are changed. If you set them per domain, themes on that domain are changed. If you make changes to themes at both global and domain levels, the domain values will be displayed.
This is done by modifying the following attributes:
• zimbraSkinForegoundColor to define the text color. This usually does not need to be changed as the default is black.
• zimbraSkinBackgroundColor to define the primary background color displayed in the client.
• zimbraSkinSecondaryColor to define the color for the toolbar and selected tabs.
• zimbraSkinSelectionColor to define the color used when an action is selected from a list.
The color can be defined either by using an HTML color code number or a HEX color code number. You type the pound sign, #, and the 3 to 6 digit color code number. For example, to enter the HEX color code for black, type #000; to enter the HTML color code for white, enter #FFFFFF.
The theme colors are configured globally or by domain from the CLI with the zmprov command.
zmprov modifyConfig <attribute-name> [#HEX_or_HTMLcolorcode]
zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <attribute-name> [#HEX_or_HTMLcolorcode]
Steps to change theme color by domain:
1. As the Zimbra user, type the following
zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <attribute>
You can change the text color, the background color, the toolbar and selected tabs color and the color used for selection in lists.
2. Stop and start the server, type
(or just jetty is zmmailboxdctl restart)
All ZCS themes for that domain now display these colors.
Changing Logos. You can also easily add their logo information and URL by modifying these attributes.
• zimbraSkinLogoURL. Enter the company Web address that you want linked from the logo.
• zimbraSkinLogoLoginBanner. The company logo that displays on the login and splash screens for the ZWC and the ZCW administration console. The dimension of the graphic must be exactly 450 x 100.
• zimbraSkinLogoAppBanner. This is the company logo in the upper-left of the ZWC application and the administration console. The dimensions of the graphics must be exactly 120 x 35.
Note: The Zimbra copyright and trademark information is not replaced on the login page.
Your logos must be the exact size specified or the image may not display correctly. These graphic files can be saved on another server or in a directory that is not overwritten when ZCS is upgraded. The logos are configured globally or by domain from the CLI with the zmprov command.
zmprov modifyConfig <attribute-name> [attribute-value]
zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <attribute-name> [attribute-value]
Steps to change Logo graphics and URL per domain
Note: If the logo files are saved in the ZCS server, they must be in a subdirectory
of /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra. If the logos are hosted on another machine, enter the full URL when identifying the logo.
1. As the Zimbra user, to change the URL link, type the following
zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <zimbraSkinLogoURL>[http://
2. To change the logo that displays on the login and splash screens, type
zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <zimbraSkinLogoLoginBanner>[/
3. To change the logo that displays on ZWC main page, type
zmprov modifyDomain <domain> <zimbraSkinLogoAppBanner>[/
4. Stop and start the server, type
(just jetty is zmmailboxdctl restart)
Note the License Policy for Logo Replacement
The Zimbra Public License does not allow removing the Zimbra logo in the Zimbra Web Client. Only Network Edition customers can replace Zimbra logos that display in the Zimbra Web Client. Therefore, only customers of the Network Edition should use these instructions. Additional information about the license usage can be found at http:/www.zimbra.com/license/index.html.