Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sharing problem, it isn't there

mmorse is offline Moderator

Welcome to the forums,

Neither of the two RFE links mentioned in the above threads are implemented yet for Zimbra Desktop. By your wording I'm unsure if you're saying you can't find any sharing in Zimbra Desktop or the ZCS advanced webclient.

Bug 26170 - Cannot accept the share calendar using Zimbra Desktop
    Bug 19182 - Support sync'ing shared folders (mail, contacts, calendar...) in zimbra desktop

(Chimaster above you was having a different issue with the accept buttons showing up in the web-client as mentioned in another thread, but I'm unsure if he's seeing that after his upgrade from 5.0.3 to 5.0.8)

dexter is offline New Member

Thanks for your help. I am aware of that i can't accept request in the desktop version. My problem is more a general one.

I can't find any links or buttons that allows my to share a calender or a folder or a tasklist. I found information on the Zimbra site that I, for example, just have to right click a folder to share it with other users on my zimbra server. But I just don't have or find this option.

Cheers
    dex

dexter is offline New Member

ok got it. My Firefox gesture addon disabled the right click menu. Sneaky

chimaster is offline Loyal Member

Default syncing

ok, thanks mmorse for the reference for me. I'm still unable to see shared folders in ZCO.

However I can understand desktop, I can even understand logging into webclient to setup shares using HTML version. Still don't undertstand why outlook functionality isn't working. I could turn the client onto zdesktop but it doesn't work there either. So there is no "thick" client solution for interfacing with Zimbra.

If there is, please point me in the right direction or allow me to give my client a time frame for resolution. They're getting a little pissed at having to use the webclient all the time to see shared calendars and even more so since they just spent $$$ upgrading to Outlook 2007 and are spending $$$ for access to their Zimbra which is currently performing like a courier-imap installation with a shared address book.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Just double-checking if you've made sure the sharing add-in is enabled: EnableSharingAddin - Zimbra :: Wiki

chimaster is offline Loyal Member

Smile All Ticked.

Hi mmorse,

Result.

1. I can open another users mailbox. File - Open - Other users mailbox. I can see their shared folders if I browse their profile. I can also see their calendar information. (YEAH)

2. Sharing Tab is available.

3. Registry key is already active.

-----

So I guess (and I'll test ) that I can go around my users and then open up all other users mailboxes and they'll be able to then see the shared items from that user. Including Calendar.

Is this the way it is supposed to be? It's going to add one heck of alot of confusion to my users if they have 10 Mailboxes in their folder list. that are not theirs. Particularly when they only want calendar access.

Thanks for helping me move forward, would appreciate a response on the above question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information