Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install ZCS 5 done - desktop client doesn't connect?

Default Install ZCS 5 done - desktop client doesn't connect?

Thank for the help getting the installation done. I now have RH 5 with ZCS 5 installed on my network. I installed the desktop client on a network desktop. I have it set up to go to the ISP POP3 email we have been using and it gets/sends mail. When I try to configure it to connect to the Zimbra server I get "invoke The he host did not accept the connection within timeout of 15000 ms". I've looked in the DNS server listing and it has a lookup and reverse lookup for the mailserver. So why is the client not connecting to the server? Remember I'm a NOOB to Linux and ZCS. Thanks for reading and helping, with you're guys help I get this up and running I'm sure.

I tried doing the split DNS steps but I get up2date command not found. How do I get the up2date package (what Package in Package Manager) ?

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Moving to the Zimbra Desktop Forum

Are you able to connect to the server via pop?

Default Problem - Zimbra desktop to ZCS server

Hope you will give me some suggestions. As I'm newbie, but I'm reading and learning so work with me here and you'll have my gratitude for ever (as long as we both shall ive ). I have set up a RH 5 ZCS server on my network. Currently it is doing nothing. I have it in my local DNS with an MX record and and A record. I can ping it, see it in the list of servers in my browser, I can even telnet to the serverort 25 and get back "220 mailserver.lchs.lancaster.org ESMTP Postfix".

I have an account created on the server of john.jones@lchs.lancaster.org. I have set up the Zimbra desktop for a POP3 account of john.jones@lchs.lancaster.org and gave it the pass word for the account on the ZCS server.

When I try to create another connection (I have my outside ISP pop3 working and getting mail) to the Zimbra server, I get "invoke The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 15000 ms". This is with the default port of 80 that comes up in the Zimbra connection box. Shouldn't this be 25? Anyhow, what is wrong that I can't make connection to the ZCS server? Need some definite help on installation set up issues.

Thanks for reading this and I hope YOU have some suggestions.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LancasterHistory View Post
    I have an account created on the server of john.jones@lchs.lancaster.org. I have set up the Zimbra desktop for a POP3 account of john.jones@lchs.lancaster.org and gave it the pass word for the account on the ZCS server.
    If you're trying to connect zimbra desktop to a zimbra server don't set up an 'other pop3 account' - select zimbra account from the main screen.
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-29-2008 at 08:31 AM.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. The error I get is when I do THAT. I want to add the Zimbra server as A ZIMBRA ACCOUNT but it gives me this error. Also I've done some more troubleshooting. I have a DNS record and when I do an nslookup on either the Zimbra server or another server I get a good feedback - mailserver.lchs.lancaster.org 192.168.168.16 (it's IP). But I'm not able to https:mailserver.lchs.lancaster.org:7071/zimbraAdmin server EXCEPT on the actual zimbra server, so is the web server on the Zimbra ZCS not working?

And how do you do that? Do you mean a POP3 account client of someother sort or do you mean setting up a pop account in the desktop that connects to the ZCS server?

I tried the desktop client to connect pop3. "No route to host connect" error. even though I have a DNS entry in my windows DNS server that returns a correct nslookup query. This is getting frustrating, should be much easier to connect than what is going on.

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

Yes it should be. From what I have seen the only time we see this is when you really don't have connection to the host. Try to telnet to the POP server's host/port from command line and see if you can reach at all. Thanks!

When I telnet to the port on the ZCS server I get " "220 mailserver.lchs.lancaster.org ESMTP Postfix" so the port is seeing my telnet but I can't get to the server through port 80 connection from desktop for a Zimbra account type connection. I get the "invoke coonection time out" error.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information