Thread: Setup Yahoo business email account

muscles614 is offline Starter Member

Default Setup Yahoo business email account

I have been trying to setup ZDsktop to retrieve email from my Yahoo business email account , but have been unsuccessful so far. The Yahoo account type option is not workable since it defaults to a yahoo.com email id. Business email provided by yahoo has a different domain. If I try to setup the account a generic POP account, the setup fails because it recognizes the pop server (pop.bizmail.yahoo.com) as a yahoo.com domain server and hence forces me to change it to IMAP access. IMAP setup just returns a response of "+OK hello from popgate 2.38.7 on pop100.biz.mail.mud.yahoo.com" and the profile never gets saved. Any recommendations on how to use the ZDesktop client with a yahoo business email account.

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

We don't yet support ymail business account with a different domain name. Please file a bug in bugzilla. Thanks!

LoFi is offline Starter Member

Default Any update?

The last post was from April 08.

Has there been any update on the support of Yahoo! Business Mail accounts since then?

When I use name@mydomain.com in the "Yahoo Mail Account" setup, I actually get the mail from the name2@yahoo.com account that is associated with my Business Mail account.

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

we have fixed the issue on our side, but there's a bizmail related authentication issue that's affecting all imap clients including iphones. that issue is being investigated by the yahoo mail server team.

Tylast is offline Intermediate Member

OK, but it's been over a month now.

Cocophone is offline Intermediate Member

Any updates on this issue?

I would really like to use Zimbra's external accounts to pull mail from my yahoo small business account that uses the server pop.bizmail.yahoo.com

iamhammer is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocophone View Post
    Any updates on this issue?

I would really like to use Zimbra's external accounts to pull mail from my yahoo small business account that uses the server pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
    I have been able to get my Yahoo Small business email (name@mydomain.com) to pull my emails stored in my inbox using the settings from Other Email Clients - Yahoo! Small Business Help

I have not been able to get it to pull my other yahoo folders however. I am still working on this.

zero5odc is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by iamhammer View Post
    I have been able to get my Yahoo Small business email (name@mydomain.com) to pull my emails stored in my inbox using the settings from Other Email Clients - Yahoo! Small Business Help

I have not been able to get it to pull my other yahoo folders however. I am still working on this.
    Did you have any luck with this? Do you have an update? I am in a similar boat.

iamhammer is offline Starter Member

Not sure about Zimbra (abandoned it for now) but I can get Thunderbird to pull my Yahoo Small business emails, inbox and all my other folders, using the IMAP settings from IMAP Settings - Yahoo! Small Business Help
    Good luck everybody!

zero5odc is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by iamhammer View Post
    Not sure about Zimbra (abandoned it for now) but I can get Thunderbird to pull my Yahoo Small business emails, inbox and all my other folders, using the IMAP settings from IMAP Settings - Yahoo! Small Business Help
    Good luck everybody!
    THANKS That worked for me.

Thread Information