Thread: Reply goes to wrong account (build 1083)

rajahd is offline Special Member

Default Reply goes to wrong account (build 1083)

A problem with people not getting my messages has been plaguing me for a while and I think I've discovered the reason. When I reply to a message I notice the resulting window does not have the account (yes I'm using multi-account) drop down like new messages do. If I go back to the main ZD window and switch accounts before sending the reply, the message is sent under the account currently being viewed in the ZD window instead of the account of the original message.

This produces an immediate error from the server:
    Subject: Delivery failed: invalid request: invalid long value '863cbd4d-c2d4-4913-8fa6-c2874da9119c:4847' for attribute: origid
    on the active account.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I saw that bug but I interpreted it as different than mine. These are completely separate accounts on different servers no less. There are no shared folders (not even available in 4.5.x, right?). And I'm on the latest release of ZD.

Why is ZD sending the message to a different server than the one the original message came from?

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

Yeah it's a different bug. But could you describe your issue in more details? I'm not getting everything you said. If possible, please provide some screenshots as well. Thanks!

I'll post steps to reproduce and screenshots this evening. If it turns out this isn't isolated to connections with 4.5.x servers I'll be happy to create the bugzilla entry as well. More to come.

Speaking of, I'm going to take a crack at upgrading one of our servers to FOSS 5.0.4 either tonight or in the next couple of days.

The mystery deepens a bit. As I was preparing a list of steps to reproduce and some screen shots I noticed that the behavior of Zimbra Desktop varied by account.

For instance, in one of my accounts when I click New (new message) or Reply (to existing message) the pop-up window has a Subject line followed by an Account drop down.

On my 2 other accounts in the same Zimbra Desktop, clicking New or Reply produces a pop-up window with just a Subject line (no "Account" field).

What I have found is if I create a new message or reply to an existing message in one of the latter accounts (where the Account field does not show), select a different account in the main ZD window, then return to the message window and click "Send", the message is sent to the currently selected account in the main ZD window instead of the account where the message was created. In the case of "reply-to" messages the original message is under a different account therefor the OrigID error message occurs.

Any ideas why the account drop down button would be present on some account message windows and not others? It's consistent by account making me think it's a Class of Service setting on the server which is being misapplied in the ZD multi-account environment but I haven't had a chance to go digging.

Thread Information