Thread: Evolution working with Centos 4.5 - How To Guide?

Runner is offline Active Member

Default Evolution working with Centos 4.5 - How To Guide?

Hi, I am just starting to use Zimbra OS and thought I would try Evolution as a off-line cleint for Zimbra. I have searched the forum and the wiki and it not cleear to me what I need to to get my Evolution (CentOS 5.0 Cleint) to get mail, calander and share folder working. Does anyone have a how to doc or guide that I can work with? Also does Zimbra offical support Evolution as a native connector unlike Outlook which is part of the NE package.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have a look at this thread, this is still a beta product so any support would be via these forums.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Runner is offline Active Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Have a look at this thread, this is still a beta product so any support would be via these forums.
    thanks for the reference. I was hoping that some one more technical than me had roller a RPM for this and documented the how to of installing the various pieces of the code to the client and server. I have not done a lot of source building but I guess there is no time like the present to dive into it.

I would still like to be clear whether Zimbra's plan is to official support Evolution with the OS version. For that matter what non-web based clients are support, that is binary code, how to on the wiki and so on for Zimbra.

There many good reason why not using the web client make sense for users and it would be helpful if Zimbra would document clearly what and how it you want to connector to 3rd party clients.

So far in my testing there really a lot very good features in this product but without a clear understanding of client support it hard for me to recommend it for our production system.

Thread Information