Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the evolution connector support OpenSuse10.x?

bylong is offline Active Member

Default Does the evolution connector support OpenSuse10.x?

I've search a lot of time on this forum, there are no any information about how install it on Suse. does it support Suse or not? and also I tried to download source code from http://zimbra.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...mbraEvolution/). but all are webpage, not code files,
    and then I downloaded the source code Evolution Zimbra Connector (original source) from http://www.nishra.com/2007/05/zimbra...novell_ev.html that Mr.esoleyman provide. when I run ./bootstrap.sh a got an error message : Evolution development libraries not installed. but I check in suse installation DVD, there is not any Evolution-devl packages. so how can I do?

Beside I also tried to install the .rpm file for FC on suse10.x, the dependency error shows: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by evolution -zimbra-5.0.0.0_BETA1-722.FC6-20070326133205.I386. what's the packages name ? Does the rpm can installed on Suse10.x?

Sorry for so many question, I really need you all help! I am a beginner of linux, but my company will deploy linux on both desktop and server. Many thanks in advance!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bylong View Post
    I've search a lot of time on this forum, there are no any information about how install it on Suse. does it support Suse or not? and also I tried to download source code from http://zimbra.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...mbraEvolution/). but all are webpage, not code files,
    and then I downloaded the source code Evolution Zimbra Connector (original source) from http://www.nishra.com/2007/05/zimbra...novell_ev.html that Mr.esoleyman provide. when I run ./bootstrap.sh a got an error message : Evolution development libraries not installed. but I check in suse installation DVD, there is not any Evolution-devl packages. so how can I do?
    It will support any system it's built on if you have the prerequisites. You can get the Evolution devel libraries vis YaST2 package management.

Beside I also tried to install the .rpm file for FC on suse10.x, the dependency error shows: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by evolution -zimbra-5.0.0.0_BETA1-722.FC6-20070326133205.I386. what's the packages name ? Does the rpm can installed on Suse10.x?
    I would think you're going to have a steep learning curve if you don't know why a Fedora Core build doesn't install on SuSE.

Sorry for so many question, I really need you all help! I am a beginner of linux, but my company will deploy linux on both desktop and server. Many thanks in advance!
    As I said, this is going to be a very steep learning curve. What you're seeing when you look at the SVN web pages is just a browser version of the files. You need to learn how to download the files from SVN and how to build them.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Thanks a lot, and you are really right!

First thanks for you instant reply, I am online waiting for anyone's reply.

you are right, I have a steep learning curve, but time for me is urgent, you answer clared my some doubt. could you tell me how to download source code from svn site? is there any trick? what tool or command we need? thanks!

I guess a good starting place would be the site you pointed to earlier here it has a source tarball you could download. There's also a set of instructions in the file that should read like this. I'm afraid I'm not a developer so you'll have to wiat for some other forum members to answer if you have any problems or further questions. I'd search google for details and 'how to' use SVN and building software, this really isn't a place for giving complete tutorials on software building.
    Regards

Bill

Thank you very much.

This afternoon, I download original source code from the site http://www.nishra.com/2007/05/zimbra...novell_ev.html, when I run ./bootstrap.sh, I got the error of no Evolution development libraries, I check by Yast2 software menegement as you suggested, I key in the keywork both 'devel' and 'Evolution' I did not see any package name looks a development library of Evolution, my Evolution version is 2.8.2-4.

Could you help me point out the name of Evolution development lib? I search internet, found http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/evolution-dev has the package for evolution, can download it installed on Suse?

thanks!

Could you help me point out the name of Evolution development lib? I search internet, found http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/evolution-dev has the package for evolution, can download it installed on Suse?
    No, you can't install a debian package on SuSE. Is this your first time with Linux? If it is, then I suggest you need to do some reading about using the operating system and it's features before trying to build any software.

Go to the openSuSE site and find some information about adding additional repositories for the version of SuSE that you're using, install them and get the evolution devel packages that way.
    Regards

Bill

Default I'v got evolution devel

I've got the evolution devel package from http://opensuse.dotcom.hk/distributi...oss/suse/i586/ there are a lot of things. thanks for your information. I will try to install it.
    By the way, this is not the first time to cope with linux, why I asked is just for confirm. seems I am so silly, but I am very happy to learn from your help!

Default dependencies

Hello, M. phoenix

So much dependencies! :-(, is there any samrt way to install evolution devel packages with full dependent package on time? can use Yast to do that if I download .iso cd?

Thanks!

Do as I said earlier, go to the opensuse web site and read the instructions on 'how to' add additional repositories - do that and you should be able to get all the packages you need.
    Regards

Bill

I've got all packages installed, and ./bootstrap.sh run, but when I run make to build it. there are a lot of errors. I will try it tomorrow. maybe it's better to reinstall a fresh suse Os again. anyway, thanks for you time and help very much. hope not dsiturbing you today. :-) thank!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information