Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Authentication failed on Calendar and Contacts

MrMEEE is offline Junior Member

Default Authentication failed on Calendar and Contacts

Hi...

Mail works fine, but when I try to sync with contacts og calendar I get an "Authentication failed", and with the calendar, I get an additional "Unable to go online"..

I'm currently using the ZimbraEvolution plugin with Evolution 2.10.1 on Gentoo.. I have altered the configure script a little to allow me to install ZimbraEvolution on a Evolution 2.10.1, but I have the same problem on Evolution 2.8.3

Anyone???

kevindods is offline Advanced Member

Hi, this is what I had too, seems it only works if set to port 80 and non encrypted. I hear it may work on a full cert version. I'll try and report back.

K

Update - makes no difference to my systems. Tried Full cert, Network and OSS version on the esoleyman connector - none authenticate.
    Last edited by kevindods; 05-01-2007 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Update:

MrMEEE is offline Junior Member

Default Hmmm

Anyone else having the same experience??? The Zimbra server in my company is setup only to allow the https protecol... so unencryted communication on port 80 won't work... Anyone out there having a workaround for this???

Thanks

Default I filed a bug!

Not that I have found, so I posted a bug on bugzilla.zimbra.com - 16504 - it is a pain, you could add your comments and logs to see if it helps raise the profile further. Also when working on port 80, I found that the updates from the web server on calendar dont get back to Evo but vice versa seems to (16504). Last one I found on my setup was the sent items being pushed to local sent items folder not the Zimbra one (16508). Does that happen for you?

K

inigoml is offline Project Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by MrMEEE View Post
    Anyone else having the same experience??? The Zimbra server in my company is setup only to allow the https protecol... so unencryted communication on port 80 won't work... Anyone out there having a workaround for this???
    Thanks
    Same problem. Works only without SSL.

philip is offline New Member

Default Evolution can't sync Calendars & Contacts over SSL

Quote Originally Posted by inigoml View Post
    Same problem. Works only without SSL.
    Same here.

I was appreciative of the Ubuntu package to install zimbra-evolution, but w/o the web services it's really just an IMAP connection (which was working before).

esoleyman is offline Intermediate Member

Default New Evolution Connector Packages!

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Same here.

I was appreciative of the Ubuntu package to install zimbra-evolution, but w/o the web services it's really just an IMAP connection (which was working before).
    Hi everyone,

I had a chance today to debug the connector and find out why the authentication problem is occurring. I found the answer I was looking for and created a patch against the codebase. I have also created a new package that will work for everyone as I have first tested it on my own desktop.

Please download the new Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 package.

philip is offline New Member

Default Propigating appointments?

Hi,

First, a sincere thanks for being so responsive!

A note that to use this with our Zimbra server I had to check SSL and manually change the port to 443. Then it did prompt for login info for the web services portion and everything seemed OK, except that I saw no appointments propigate either way (not sure if I was supposed to do something else to sync my Personal and Zimbra calendars).

So I tried to move an appointment from Personal to Zimbra... and crashed Evolution.

I have a standard (installed last week) Ubuntu 7.04 install, and a crisp new bugreport I can forward along as well...

thanks again,

Philip

Default It does now authenticate!

Many thanks for the new connector build. This does now work for me and I get Cal stuff coming down on 443 SSL, although I also get the odd crash. In the middle of a move at the moment so I will look at the logs and see what I can find when I have more than a few mins to spare ;-)

Regger is offline Intermediate Member

Default Re-install

Ubuntu 6.07 Server
    Zimbra 4.5.5 NE Pro
    Evolution 2.10 (Unbuntu Desktop 7.04)

I installed Evolution Connector version 1, noticed the same authentication problem.

I saw this thread and installed version 2, but the same problem is occurring. Do I need to remove Zimbra Connector from Evolution and then re-install into Evolution or did the install into Ubuntu over write the version 1?

If I use Zimbra Standard Edition will this Connector still work?

UPDATE

I unchecked the Zimbra plugin and then restarted Evolution and rechecked the plugin after doing the Install of 5.0.0-Beta-1-2. This sovled my problem and the connector now gets e-mail, calendar and contacts using port 443.
    Last edited by Regger; 05-30-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information