Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Authentication failed on Calendar and Contacts

MrMEEE is offline Junior Member

Default Port??

How do I find out what port to use?? no matter if I use port 80 or 443 I get:

INFO 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2368):e_book_backend_zimbra_authenticate_ user enter
    INFO 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2969):e_book_backend_zimbra_get_type enter
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2423):e_book_backend_zimbra_authenticate_ user mode is remote!
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2435):e_book_backend_zimbra_authenticate_ user making a new connection
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(1128):e_zimbra_connection_new raw_uri = zimbra://mj@webmail.casalogic.dk:443/7
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(1133):e_zimbra_connection_new path = /7
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(1151):e_zimbra_connection_new formed_uri = https://mj@webmail.casalogic.dk:443/service/soap
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(961):e_zimbra_connection_class_init enter
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(1196):e_zimbra_connection_new hostname is webmail.casalogic.dk
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(1201):e_zimbra_connection_new username is mj
    DEBUG 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(1205):e_zimbra_connection_new port is 443
    INFO 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(1406):e_zimbra_connection_start_messa ge enter
    ERROR 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(1216):e_zimbra_connection_new check failed: 14
    INFO 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(816):e_zimbra_connection_dispose enter
    INFO 7860 Thu Jun 14 21:20:22 2007 e-zimbra-connection.c(942):e_zimbra_connection_finalize enter

in the zimbra.log

What should I do??

Using Ubuntu Feisty with the compiled zimbra connector...

thudak is offline New Member

Unhappy Broken :(

This is just plain old broken. I never stop getting errors regarding authentication.

I do not have ssl enabled, and I'm connecting via port 80 and both contacts and calendars ceaselessly reprompt for a password for "user (user )".

At this point I'd rather use webmail.. Evolution never did seem to be ready, i mean it's fine for imap/smtp/ldap I suppose, but so is every other main client in the world.

Everytime I've ever used any external connector (Exchange, and now Zimbra) it just falls on it's face and is nearly un-useable.

So sad.

kevindods is offline Advanced Member

We have the same issue too. However once you enter the passwords again and possibly again and again ;-) then it does actually functionally work. Though it is irritating and pointlessly time consuming, as I havent yet found a way of using the Zimbra desktop for more than one email account I need some other full offline client.

There seems to always be something that gets in the way with the Linux or OSS desktop that makes it lumpy. Still I prefer the lumps to proprietary traps!

K

madhakish is offline Member

Question Pleasure, not business

What I find most amazing is the fact that Zimbra - who makes an outlook plugin - has not produced a proper evolution plugin. Sure someone made one, but seriously.. While I realize the Outlook user community is the "target market" it's the LINUX guys who've been SCREAMING for an exchange replacement and now that we have it it seems we're back in the same trap, support for everything but the linux/mac world.. iSync, iCal, and the evolution plugins can hardly be taken seriously.

Evolution itself can hardly be taken seriously - seems like Novell picked it up and shelved it.

The two plugins that enable connectivity to 99% of groupware systems for evolution (exchange and zimbra) are a joke. And not the funny ha ha kind either.

It's weird how the focus on the business computing aspect in linux doesn't carry over into the working desktop environments, yet the desktop computing aspect to linux's development seems, to some extent, to ignore the basic desires of the majority in favor of gimmicky stuff that really is only useable (not USEFUL mind you) by the more experienced users.

Where's a mail client with shared calendar/contacts support?! This is a pretty basic need for anyone who works an office..

...::Venting, frustrated and without coffee::...

Quite. It is the simplest tasks that seem most difficult to achieve! Online with the browser is fine, offline with Zimbra Desktop is ok but resource hungry and not yet finished.

One might have thought with IMAP, LDAP and Caldav one could get an offline email, contact and calendar app to work. But as Zimbra contacts are not stored/accessed with LDAP and Caldav is not fully implemented we are going to be limited on the desktop for a while longer.

Where's the coffee! ;-)

Default Not all alone

Sometimes it's just nice to know your not the only one who feels this way and has the same issues...

The problems I faced in 1997 using linux in the workplace are identical to the ones I face today.. WTF!?

10 years later and the same hurdles are still there. But hey, at least we have compiz and pretty 3d cube based desktops right?!

</vent>

This time I have coffee.

Default Scary

I'm tempted to run Outlook 2K3 in Crossover office - I bet it's more stable than evolution and works correctly first time/every time..

How screwed up is that.

Default Thunderbird and Lightning

I have just installed Thunderbird 2 and Lightning 0.5 using the Wiki instructions and now have a client that will sync calendar both ways, imap email and although contacts arent synchronised I can use the Thunderbird IMAP folder of Contacts to open and add to a local address book.

Not ideal but actually more useable than the current Evolution offering in terms of reliability, speed and basic use.

Tried Gunter Gersdorf's Addressbook sync XPI extension v 0.7.0 from his website (very helpful guy) but as the IMAP offer of the contacts folder is non writable via IMAP it cant quite do the job with Zimbra. Would be good if there was some kind of IMAP interface to the Contacts DB or possibly it could use a local client end SOAP interface on TB extension to do the same?

Looks like the last bit needed for a OSS based client that would be cross platform!

Hmm I could do with a drink... for all the advance, and there is a lot that is better, sometimes it feels like a charity shop puzzle, still with a few critical bits missing. I'm tempted to pay some dosh to contribute to someone getting the contacts sync working in oss, that or find more hours in the 25 hour day to recover some prog skills and do it myself!

Sit down, nice cup of tea and biscuit and ponder the missing puzzle shapes! Chance would be a fine thing!

K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information