Thread: Status Update

roastpork is offline Active Member

Default Status Update

May we have an update on the status of the Evolution Connector either from Porch Dog Software or Zimbra? Since upgrading to Fedora 7 things have been a bit choppy (i.e. lots of crashes). I hesitate to post bugs considering I am using on an unsupported platform (evoi 2.10.2). I managed to tweak the source to accommodate the changes but...

sculi2000 is offline Contractor

What problems are you seeing? Are any of your tweaks something we should fold back into the source tree?

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sculi2000 View Post
    What problems are you seeing? Are any of your tweaks something we should fold back into the source tree?
    The tweaks were of configure in nature adding an option to recognize and proceed against evo 2.10.

The crashes are harder to pinpoint as I haven't installed debug packages to help TS. I get crashes modifying account properties consistently. I was getting crashes attempting to send somehow in conjunction with address book lookups. These have cleared up since blowing away my .evolution folder and starting over. I will gladly be more proactive in bug reporting if so desired I've just been trying to be patient waiting for an update that would "officially" support evo 2.10.

In general I think the connector could use some cleaning up, finalizing and was wondering if anyone was working toward this end?

Thanks for your time and prompt response!

-Mike

It'd be great if you could help troubleshoot these things. We'd love the help. We know there is a problem with 64 bit Linux, but in the testing we've done of 2.10, we haven't found any significant problems.

By the way, if you get the latest zimbra evo source, it should build straight away on 2.10. Let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks,

Scott

Where should I be getting the source. I think I might be pulling old source.

svn co SourceForge.net Repository - [zimbra] Index of /trunk/ZimbraEvolution

Is that right? The svn web interface shows no updates for the past three months?

-Mike

Oh. That's not good. I've actually committed a couple of different things to the codebase in the last month. I'll try and figure out what's going on and let you know.

Scott

Okay, this is what I have learned. There is a problem with the svn sync (which I think we already knew) so the subversion repository is not being updated with the changes I've been making. Our build and release guy told me that he's going to be including a snapshot of the Evo source with upcoming ZCS source tar file releases.

So there you have it...that's as much as I know right now.

Hope that helps,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sculi2000 View Post
    Okay, this is what I have learned. There is a problem with the svn sync (which I think we already knew) so the subversion repository is not being updated with the changes I've been making. Our build and release guy told me that he's going to be including a snapshot of the Evo source with upcoming ZCS source tar file releases.
    Scott
    Where would we find this when released?

Quote Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
    Where would we find this when released?
    To tell you the truth, I don't know yet. When I see the next release, I'm just going to download the tar'd source and do a "find . -name \*Evo\* -print". I expect that will tell me all I need to know. Sorry I don't have more specifics than that at this juncture. :-( I'll post back to this thread when I know specifically where to find the Evo source.

Take care,

Scott

Thread Information