Thread: Product management data lost in upgrade

storm is offline Advanced Member

Exclamation Product management data lost in upgrade

Several weeks ago, bugzilla software was updated on the Zimbra product management server, at Zimbra Product Management Portal

That's great, however, all the votes associated with bugs and enhancements appear to have been lost upon the upgrade!

Also, the list of bugs fixed, or to be fixed, for each release and .point release (i.e 8, and 8.0.7) is now missing from pm.zimbra.com - selecting a specific current or previous release, or a forthcoming point release now shows no bugs at all!

Also, as a consequence of the missing votes for each bugs, the list of top-voted enhancements at pm.zimbra.com is now empty.

Also, the list of 'my filed RFE's" if a user is logged in.

So, now tracking progress with Zimbra is even harder than before (and it was never easy!), and years of community voting for desired improvements has vanished.

Is this a blip? Are the votes gone forever? Will the release information be resurrected?

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

It is disappointing to see that this is still broken. I commented on it a day or two after the upgrade in another thread.

The one thing that does appear to work - better than before - is the list of "my Bugs" for a logged in user. The link for the search moved from the top of the page to the very bottom of the page (after the logout)

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    It is disappointing to see that this is still broken. I commented on it a day or two after the upgrade in another thread.
    It's not the only problem at the moment but it's not as if it's not being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    IThe link for the search moved from the top of the page to the very bottom of the page (after the logout)
    I not sure what you mean by that but there's a search field at the top & bottom of the bugzilla page (plus the quick search in the middle of the page) if you're not logged in.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I not sure what you mean by that but there's a search field at the top & bottom of the bugzilla page (plus the quick search in the middle of the page) if you're not logged in.
    I was referring to the OPs observation that they could not search for their tickets.

I was pointing out where to find the link to search for your own tickets
    The one thing that does appear to work - better than before - is the list of "my Bugs" for a logged in user. The link for the search moved from the top of the page to the very bottom of the page (after the logout)
    Perhaps I should have omitted the words "for the search" from the last line and it would have been clearer.

ccelis5215 is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    .. the list of bugs fixed, or to be fixed, for each release and .point release (i.e 8, and 8.0.7) is now missing from pm.zimbra.com - selecting a specific current or previous release, or a forthcoming point release now shows no bugs at all!

Well, three weeks later....

ccelis.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ccelis5215 View Post
    Well, three weeks later....
    That comment won't get it fixed any quicker. Moving the source code to GIT, the bug system and the Product Management Portal to a new infrastructure is a major undertaking and will take some time, the initial post about the time schedule for these moves was overly optimistic. You can be sure that the Zimbra staff are working on these systems (including a forum move) and you'll be notified when they're completed, the say patience is a virtue.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information