Thread: Autoconversion from comcast.net drops previous user settings and drops save emails

sbalrog is offline Starter Member

Default Autoconversion from comcast.net drops previous user settings and drops save emails

HELLO !!!!! Zimba !

Hey I know exactly where I can go with this, i.e. comcast, but I thought I would drop you fine people a line about how my email account was hijacked to zimbra.

In the process, my e-mail account settings were dropped and instead of like deleting "never" my e-mail was set to delete in 30 days and voila,
    No emails are over 30 days old, and hey, address book I didn't even know I had an address book, so I was keeping all those email addresses in the email that is now deleted.

So ROFLYFAO and understand what kind of jerks comcast is, besides dropping email sent to you from *.edu or *.se or anywhere else they think spam or threats to the Department of Homeland Security may originate.

Well back to having fun, I need to pull all those I-tunes off a disk drive where the mother board died.

sbalrog salutes you!

sbalrog is offline Starter Member

Default comcast was no help

Rosario at comcast said they could not retrieve the deleted emails,
    and that millions of other comcastic customers were going to get the same treatment.

Guess the old saw, copy and save everything from your email provider still goes, so much for cloud computing.

uxbod is offline Moderator

This has nothing to do with Zimbra Desktop so moving.

mmorse is offline Moderator

We're sorry to hear that you had such an issue - Smartzone is a large collaboration suite of which Zimbra is just one component (and we don't host the system); therefore, it is best to contact the Comcast Care team who is responsible for the entire messaging platform.
    Web: Comcast Help and Support (Email Form or Live Chat)
    Phone: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-255-2278)

You may have something like the below in your Preferences tab:
    Schedule Email Deletion

Inbox (Read):
    30 Days
    45 Days
    60 Days
    90 Days
    120 Days
    Never

Inbox (Unread):
    30 Days
    45 Days
    60 Days
    90 Days
    120 Days
    Never

Sent Email:
    30 Days
    45 Days
    60 Days
    90 Days
    120 Days
    Never

Spam:
    1 Day
    3 Days
    7 Days
    30 Days

Trash:
    1 Day
    3 Days
    7 Days
    30 Days
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-25-2008 at 09:24 AM.

moose is offline Starter Member

Default How to go back?

I came to this site looking for a way out of Comcast's new webmail. When I first logged in to Comcast, I thought the new webmail looked a lot cleaner than the old dated version but I was soon very disappointed. This version seems to show a different number of new email with every browser refresh, my address book is gone (I am hoping to god that it can be retrieved), my mobile devices are being sent every read email in my inbox (100s), you can't even sort on name and email size (pretty basic functionality if you ask me). In short, it's a mess. Does anyone test this? I have requests into Comcast to please revert my mail to the older version. Apparently I am not the only pissed off Comcast customer: Comcast announces web-based SmartZone communications center - Engadget

marcmac is offline Expert Member

Default 1-800-Comcast

Please refer comcast support questions to the comcast support team, reachable at comcast.net or 1-800-comcast. Zimbra does not operate the comcast mail system, we are the software vendor.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

mmorse is offline Moderator

Raise your desire for these features with their team as well so they can track requests, but you're also welcome to vote for the following RFE's:
    Bug 7972 - Mail sort using FROM column for conversation view
    Bug 1108 - Sorting should be available on ALL columns
    (There is a very powerful index: Search Tips - Zimbra :: Wiki)

The other questions really need to be addressed through Comcast.
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-25-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Rich Graves is offline Outstanding Member

Search, don't sort.

To instantly find large attachments from Bob in any folder, search for

larger:10mb from:bob

It requires some change in habits, but it's going to be a lot faster to let the computer find exactly what you're looking for than to ask it to sort things and have to page through the results yourself.

It appears that Comcast has hidden "Advanced Search," "Saved Search" folders, the "Standard HTML" mode, and more in the interest of simplicity.

SmartZone Tutorial is not bad.

Thread Information