Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: MS offering to buy Yahoo ???

fcash is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arglex1 View Post
    When the licenses expire, I have a lot of talking to do, and if Yahoo / Zimbra is going to get our money, we will require assurances to protect our investment.

I don't sit the fence. I act and act efficiently. Something from Zimbra would be a lot of help for people in my position when it comes time to renew the licenses.
    Sounds like the new perpetual license would fit your situation. Even if MS buys out Yahoo! and completely cancels the Zimbra project, you would still be allowed to run Zimbra from now until the end of time. And, if you ask nicely, you can probably convince the sales people to add a "if MS buys Yahoo! and cancels Zimbra, your number of licenses will be extended 10-fold", just in case you need more accounts down the line.

This isn't the end of the world.
    Freddie

mikelcu is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    I know that this post will not answer all of your questions, comments, suggestions, demands, etc.
    No, but it helps a lot. Any news is *better than no news*, IMHO.

We made a promise when this whole thing happened, and that promise has been that we will continue to do what we do best: Innovate. We haven't broken that promise. Our team doesn't come in every day to talk about Microsoft. Our team comes in, and we work, and do what we've done best since 2004.
    I don't think anyone (at least not myself) has doubted the ZImbra staff's dedication. However, I do doubt the greedy billionaires that are threatening one of the only good mail products in the world.

Just please understand that 1) We support Yahoo! 100% in every single capacity and 2) as a public company, we cannot post any information that does not come from our parent. Such an action can be illegal. So please don't take our lack of posting on this issue as a negative sign.
    While I suspected this was the case, it's a relief to hear it coming from an official source.

Cheers

-Mike

bjquinn is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    II think you need to re-read the thread again, specifically this post from dkarp (note the link he's posted).
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmtractor
    I came across this on the net several weeks ago and can't find the site, but there is apparently an old legal doctrine--I believe it's actually common law but it goes WAY back--that the writer of this other post said might apply in badgeware cases. I can't remember the exact Latin phrase, but the essential meat of it was "One cannot prohibit what he has elsewhere required." It's one of those provisions that, like the Magna Carta itself, force even rulers to be under the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkarp View Post
    I'll have to say that is somewhat comforting, but if you check the link provided, you'll see that the consensus in that thread is hardly unanimous as to whether Zimbra can be saved by that or any other method under the current license.

I'll also say that most of our anti-YPL venting is probably a bit misdirected, as Zimbra employees themselves don't have the authority to modify the license. However, we're simply venting our frustration up the chain to the next level. The hope is that since we don't show up to work every day down the hall from people of influence within the Zimbra organization (who themselves would hopefully know people of influence within the Yahoo organization), we vent to the best outlet we know of. This one. Then we cross our fingers and hope that the concerns get pushed up the ladder - like the bottom-rung employee whose boss beats him up all day because the boss' boss beats the boss up all day, and so on, and then that bottom-rung guy goes home and kicks his dog - like that, but in reverse.

All this being said, I think we all agree that you Zimbra guys are doing work that is unparalleled in any other product. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here. So our venting and concern for the future of this wonderful product, in a strange way, is the highest compliment we could give you.

REMcycle is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by bjquinn View Post
    All this being said, I think we all agree that you Zimbra guys are doing work that is unparalleled in any other product. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here. So our venting and concern for the future of this wonderful product, in a strange way, is the highest compliment we could give you.
    Here here! Well put!

timothyalangorman is offline Special Member

Default Hear Ye Hear Ye!

Kudos ... Well put...

raj
    raj is offline Moderator

Default News :)

Yahoo partners with Google

Yahoo partners with Google - CNN.com
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

Bill Brock is offline Outstanding Member

This deal isn't over yet and won't be until the proxy war is over. If Icahn wins he will sell Yahoo to MS.

batfastad is offline Elite Member

News that Yahoo stock is being driven down is hardly good news. Microsoft doesn't need to talk any more. The market forces are going to send Yahoo asking MS to buy them.

Shareholders are the only thing that matters in a publicly traded company. They are tired of taking a beating.

What is good or bad can be discussed but falling share prices are definitely bad news.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread Information