Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will not sync Yahoo account

MikeWurlitzer is offline Junior Member

Default Will not sync Yahoo account

Only the 3rd day running Zimbra and it had been working perfectly for both my Yahoo and Roadrunner accounts.

Window 7, Zimbra Desktop 7.2.2 GA (build 11951)

Booted up the laptop tonight and it will not connect/sync with yahoo (I can connect to my yahoo acct over the web) resetting the password just generates the same error. The roadrunner connection is fine.

I copied everything except the last line which contains my password.

An unknown error (yauth.GENERIC_ERROR) has occurred.
    method: [unknown]
    msg: Unspecified error
    code: yauth.GENERIC_ERROR
    detail: soap:Sender
    trace: com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.AuthenticationException: Unspecified error ExceptionId:btpool0-15:1380847444684:2b5bea4633dae2db Code:yauth.GENERIC_ERROR at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.doGet(RawAuth.jav a:160) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.authenticate(RawA uth.java:123) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.authenticate(RawA uth.java:96) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuthManager.authentica te(RawAuthManager.java:44) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuthManager$1.authenti cate(RawAuthManager.java:74) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImapSync.newXYMEAuthent icator(YMailImapSync.java:56) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImapSync.connect(YMailI mapSync.java:41) at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.test(ImapSy nc.java:75) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.test(OfflineIm port.java:95) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.test(YMailImport .java:47) at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.test(Da taSourceManager.java:209) at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. testDataSource(OfflineProvisioning.java:745) at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineChangePasswor d.handle(OfflineChangePassword.java:84) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:412) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:287) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:158) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:303) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:217) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:725) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:206) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:814) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:390) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:585) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:988) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:415) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:429) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

kevlahau is offline New Member

Thumbs down Also unable to sync/connect to yahoo

Also unable to sync/connect to yahoo account... no problems with gmail. it was fine yesterday.

Ryan1 is offline Loyal Member

Yep... all my yahoo syncing died today. Gmail working fine. Probably has to do with something Yahoo did to their mail service. Scary thing is that it will probably take a new version of ZD to get it fixed. Last version took what to come out ... a year? Don't want to be pessimistic, but this doesn't look good. This is the major problem with third party mail clients for Web mail services. They are at the mercy of the Web mail provider.

MikeWurlitzer is offline Junior Member

Tried to reset the account and noticed the password was 2 characters short. Entering the correct password generated the very same sync error and the password was missing 2 characters again.

I then deleted the account and created it again. Got to the point where Yahoo responded with the verification code. I entered the code and tried to save but got "Authentication failed due to unknown reason. If issue persists, please report this error here.
    Display error details"

rramig is offline Starter Member

I have seven Yahoo accounts and today none of them will sync. UGH...I had having to check them all manually!

Ryan1 is offline Loyal Member

I would be making plans to check manually on a regular basis. The track record for fixing this kind of problem is not so good. Could take a very long time before they put out a fix version of ZD. Hope I am wrong, but just giving you a heads up in case you count on these accounts for important stuff.

psy0nic is offline New Member

Same here. After using ZD for over a month now and bragging to everyone how great it was because it just worked perfectly with Yahoo, at approximately 6:00PM EST, I got a popup asking for my password and that was all she wrote. No more login. Tried with 2 factor passwords on and off. Tried with app specific passwords, tried with OAuth codes, tried with manual IMAP and nothing is working. Fails with unknown error all the sudden. However, Thunderbird is still able to connect over IMAP with no problem and no problem removing and readding Yahoo accounts.

rocketron is offline Member

Exactly the same problem Keeps requesting password but won't sync Highly frustrating yet again

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWurlitzer View Post
    Only the 3rd day running Zimbra and it had been working perfectly for both my Yahoo and Roadrunner accounts.

Window 7, Zimbra Desktop 7.2.2 GA (build 11951)

Booted up the laptop tonight and it will not connect/sync with yahoo (I can connect to my yahoo acct over the web) resetting the password just generates the same error. The roadrunner connection is fine.

I copied everything except the last line which contains my password.

trace: com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.AuthenticationException: Unspecified error ExceptionId:btpool0-15:1380847444684:2b5bea4633dae2db Code:yauth.GENERIC_ERROR at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.doGet(RawAuth.jav a:160) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.authenticate(RawA uth.java:123) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.authenticate(RawA uth.java:96) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuthManager.authentica te(RawAuthManager.java:44) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuthManager$1.authenti cate(RawAuthManager.java:74) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImapSync.newXYMEAuthent icator(YMailImapSync.java:56) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImapSync.connect(YMailI mapSync.java:41) at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.test(ImapSy nc.java:75) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.test(OfflineIm port.java:95) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.test(YMailImport .java:47) at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.test(Da taSourceManager.java:209) at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. testDataSource(OfflineProvisioning.java:745) at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineChangePasswor d.handle(OfflineChangePassword.java:84) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:412) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:287) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:158) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:303) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:217) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:725) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:206) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:814) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:390) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:585) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:988) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:415) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:429) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

LittleMac is offline Starter Member

Same issue here, with both free and ISP-provided Yahoo accounts. Here is my error message, in case there is some minor variation from the OP's. One thing I noticed, in the section below the error, where it contains the actual soap request, the account name was not the one I was in at the moment; the popup was not for that one. Both account names (email addresses) are valid and mine, but it was putting the wrong email and password together. It's not an issue of multiple Yahoo accounts in the same Zimbra client, because my wife only has one Yahoo, and hers isn't working either. I figure it's probably an issue with Yahoo, but the question is what...

Zimbra Desktop 7.2.2 GA (build 11951)

trace: com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.AuthenticationException: Unspecified error ExceptionId:btpool0-2:1380856182113:c78117aaf70585e4 Code:yauth.GENERIC_ERROR at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.doGet(RawAuth.jav a:160) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.authenticate(RawA uth.java:123) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuth.authenticate(RawA uth.java:96) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuthManager.authentica te(RawAuthManager.java:44) at com.zimbra.cs.util.yauth.RawAuthManager$1.authenti cate(RawAuthManager.java:74) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImapSync.newXYMEAuthent icator(YMailImapSync.java:56) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImapSync.connect(YMailI mapSync.java:41) at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.test(ImapSy nc.java:75) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.test(OfflineIm port.java:95) at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.test(YMailImport .java:47) at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.test(Da taSourceManager.java:209) at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. testDataSource(OfflineProvisioning.java:745) at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineChangePasswor d.handle(OfflineChangePassword.java:84) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:412) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:287) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:158) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:303) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:217) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:725) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:206) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:814) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:390) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:585) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:988) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:415) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:429) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

rocketron is offline Member

Yahoo have probably changed something An early resolution would be appreciated Zimbra guys Thanks

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information