Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will not sync Yahoo account

Ryan1 is offline Loyal Member

Don't know if it was the Zimbra side or the Yahoo side, but just got my mail and all my Yahoo accounts are working again. Thanks to whoever did the deed!

PS: I didn't have to change any settings. The original settings work.

Quote Originally Posted by vclykn9015@sbcglobal.net View Post
    .... I will migrate my business away from yahoo if they keep screwing around :-)
    I'm going to redouble my efforts to get rid of my Yahoo accounts and migrate them elsewhere. They just have too many issues and I don't like their changes when they make them.

iStar19 is offline New Member

My Yahoo accounts are now working again with ZDesktop as well. I did not have to change any settings.

michaelbaxter is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
    The IMAP solution does not work for me either. There is an "unknown" authentication error when I click Validate and Save. Do you have to have Yahoo Plus for this to work? I didn't think Yahoo allowed this kind of access without having Plus.
    I do not have Plus. I do see ads and I don't pay Yahoo $20 a year. However, I didn't initially sign-up for a free account either. My DSL provider shut-down their mail servers in the late '90s and migrated me to Yahoo. Which may or may not mean my account has some premium features like IMAP server access using SSL.

My generic created Yahoo accounts are still working. My Gmail account never quit working. The last time I tried to create a new account using the built-in Yahoo setup, I received the same error message "Authentication failed due to unknown reason" reported here previously. I have not tried today though. I'll try again soon and report back if successful.

My Yahoo accounts suddenly started working last night. They seemed to work for a few hours. I was able to add back an account I deleted (I added it as a Yahoo account not IMAP) and it completely resyncd with no problems. Now all the Yahoo accounts are dead again this morning... same problem as before. Whatever was done last night, fixed my Yahoo accounts without any changes on my end. But now the problem is back.

myeurop is offline Member

no changes here. still not working and still unable to add any new yahoo accout (as a yahoo and as an IMAP option). This is getting tiring and solves nothing. Someone here suggested that a word from Zimbra would do more to clarify this issue than a zillion random and frantic posts by well-meaning users trying to get insights into something that is obviously beyond their technical power. The clarification by Zimbra would go like this:
    1) sorry guys, we have no clues and we are working on this.
    2) sorry guys, from now on Zimbra won't allow you to access your yahoo mail account.
    3) Here is what you need to do to continue using Zimbra with your yahoo accounts: a) do this; b) then do this; c) and finally do this. Enjoy Zimbra!

the fact that this hasn't happened yet says tons on the state of intercompany connections between Zimbra and yahoo. I believe Zimbra was once owned by Yahoo. Then they sold it. And here we are now.

D_Pollack is offline New Member

Just heard back from yahoo. They are telling me for POP access you must be a Mail Plus account. So, I don't know if this info will resolve any issues in regards to what is going on here.

myeurop is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by D_Pollack View Post
    Just heard back from yahoo. They are telling me for POP access you must be a Mail Plus account. So, I don't know if this info will resolve any issues in regards to what is going on here.
    sorry Pollack, but I fail to see how this info will "solve" our issue. It's nice to hear though that Yahoo is constructively contributing to this forum of weeping users by providing us with a workable and satisfying solution. Aren't you guys relieved by such display of generosity?

jsmneedshelp is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsmneedshelp View Post
    I too was blocked out for a number of days.

I had deleted my ymail account, and could not create a new one getting a different error.

After reading some of the proposed solutions I did two things:

- I went in to the mail Settings and POP and Forwarding. I had already had this enabled and there didn't seem to be a radio button stating "access elsewhere," but I hit "Save" anyways.

- I then went to Settings and Security and enabled SSL (which I had thought was already enabled).

I was then able to add my Ymail account.

Note, since I had not tried adding the account today, there may not be causation on this. Also, now the look of my native Ymail account is different and there is no "POP" option in the settings menu either. Very odd.
    Now, the next morning, I am dead in the water again ;(

Yahoo charges a fee for POP access. I can't see what is in it for them to support Zimbra since Zimbra allows you to access your Yahoo mail for free. Presumably, Yahoo would not want Zimbra to do this. Yes, I think that Yahoo once owned Zimbra or something like that. But maybe they have now made a decision to cut Zimbra off.

Whatever it is, it is going on a week now and I can't see why someone from Zimbra can't spend 5 minutes to make an announcement here about what is going on so that we don't have to waste hour after hour in speculation. That is really troublesome.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information