Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will not sync Yahoo account

Michael Marr is offline Member

Mine still receives mail but will not send mail. So I figure it is an authentication error on the POP or SMTP side. But then I realized my iPad is syncing just fine so that's not it.

holagundas is offline Starter Member

Thought I was the only one having problem with Yahoo accounts ... see there are lots here ... feel comfort

Michael Marr is offline Member

Default Dumping Zimbra

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dee View Post
    I had the same problem. I tried Opera Mail and that has the same issue. So, I'm of the same opinion as most here that this problem is the result of a change within Yahoo. However, I installed 'eM Client' and it's sync-ing. The auto-sync does produce a pop-up error message (probably related to the same issue) but it still syncs even after selecting cancel on the message pop-up. Messages are sent and recived OK. I've turned auto-sync off for now and sync manually so that I only have to deal with the pop-up once each time I want to send or receive my new email. It's a workaround that I can live with until the Yahoo issue is fixed.

For me, this has been a blessing in disguise. I'll probably ditch Zimbra now and stick with eM Client as I think it's better in many other ways. Sometimes the inefficiency and laziness of one supplier cause us to seek and find a better alternative. Downside? Only two accounts permitted when you use the free version.
    I have been looking for a Zimbra replacement since the address book / auto-complete never works. It has been GREAT at syncing my nested, Yahoo subfolders and my Gmail calendars. I cannot find an all around email client that will also sync my 1&1 accounts except for mobile devices. Altomail from AOL has some merit but I don't use it because the interface is too busy.

Peter5276 is offline Starter Member

I have the same issue as others described here syncing to Yahoo accounts. The problem has persisted for the last 2-3 days. I've voted for the bug on Bugzilla.

Bug 84345 ? Won't Sync with Yahoo mail

unclebobo is offline Junior Member

Default Alternative mail client

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dee View Post
    I had the same problem. I tried Opera Mail and that has the same issue. So, I'm of the same opinion as most here that this problem is the result of a change within Yahoo. However, I installed 'eM Client' and it's sync-ing. The auto-sync does produce a pop-up error message (probably related to the same issue) but it still syncs even after selecting cancel on the message pop-up. Messages are sent and recived OK. I've turned auto-sync off for now and sync manually so that I only have to deal with the pop-up once each time I want to send or receive my new email. It's a workaround that I can live with until the Yahoo issue is fixed.

For me, this has been a blessing in disguise. I'll probably ditch Zimbra now and stick with eM Client as I think it's better in many other ways. Sometimes the inefficiency and laziness of one supplier cause us to seek and find a better alternative. Downside? Only two accounts permitted when you use the free version.
    Joe, you might want to try Evolution if you haven't already. It is working with YahoO! IMAP... for now.

http://dipconsultants.com/evolution/download.htm

I'm no programmer, but from what I can tell from the errors being returned is that the password is being truncated. I'm also using Opera 12.13 mail client with no issues and the same IMAP settings. Zimbra was working fine until yesterday evening then YahoO! went south and started asking for the account password. Deleted the account and tried to readd to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Marr View Post
    I have been looking for a Zimbra replacement since the address book / auto-complete never works. It has been GREAT at syncing my nested, Yahoo subfolders and my Gmail calendars. I cannot find an all around email client that will also sync my 1&1 accounts except for mobile devices. Altomail from AOL has some merit but I don't use it because the interface is too busy.
    I downloaded Evolution and it seems to be doing just fine.
    h t t p ://dipconsultants.com/evolution/download.htm

JoeC is offline Starter Member

Anything on this yet? Last day Zimbra syncd with Yahoo for me was September 27. I can't sync manually or otherwise.

Meanderer is offline Starter Member

Just adding my name to the list of people having problem with syncing Yahoo accounts - others from POP3 set ups seem to be working OK

myeurop is offline Member

Hi, I have the same problem with my yahoo account. I also tried to create a new Yahoo account, with the same, unsuccessful result. I don't think the length of the password is the issue, as Zimbra apparently always show seven dots, in spite of the actual length of the password.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWurlitzer View Post
    Tried to reset the account and noticed the password was 2 characters short. Entering the correct password generated the very same sync error and the password was missing 2 characters again.

I then deleted the account and created it again. Got to the point where Yahoo responded with the verification code. I entered the code and tried to save but got "Authentication failed due to unknown reason. If issue persists, please report this error here.
    Display error details"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information