Thread: CONSTANT Failure communicating with remote server! NO changes made on my end

bonefish is offline Beginner Member

Exclamation CONSTANT Failure communicating with remote server! NO changes made on my end

I HAVE BEEN USING ZIMBRA FOR YEARS. I have had the same password and no other changes. ALL OF THE SUDDEN I HAVE BEEN STEADILY GETTING THIS ERROR.... PLEASE FIX OR I WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO STOP USING..

Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later.

Debug message: Unexpected tag in response(expected C18 but got C17)

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Folder sync failed
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-angelamitchell@bonefishsystems.com:1368203536535:d 099021018107434
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.importData( ImapSync.java:169)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.importData( ImapSync.java:136)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:317)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:277)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:439)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:478)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:406)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbo x.java:279)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Notes' failed
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-angelamitchell@bonefishsystems.com:1368203536535:d 099021018107434
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.syncFailed( ImapSync.java:388)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.syncMessage s(ImapSync.java:329)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.syncFolders (ImapSync.java:239)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.importData( ImapSync.java:164)
    ... 10 more
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Error while fetching message for UID 33
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapFolderSync.check CanContinue(ImapFolderSync.java:1195)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapFolderSync.fetch Messages(ImapFolderSync.java:862)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapFolderSync.fetch Messages(ImapFolderSync.java:750)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapFolderSync.syncM essages(ImapFolderSync.java:341)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapSync.syncMessage s(ImapSync.java:326)
    ... 12 more
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailException: Unexpected tag in response(expected C18 but got C17)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.checkSta tus(ImapRequest.java:121)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:112)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFe tch(ImapConnection.java:331)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFe tch(ImapConnection.java:379)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFe tch(ImapConnection.java:397)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.imap.ImapFolderSync.fetch Messages(ImapFolderSync.java:854)
    ... 15 more

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bonefish View Post
    I HAVE BEEN USING ZIMBRA FOR YEARS. I have had the same password and no other changes. ALL OF THE SUDDEN I HAVE BEEN STEADILY GETTING THIS ERROR.... PLEASE FIX OR I WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO STOP USING..
    Stop posting in upper case, it's considered shouting and not acceptable forum etiquette. I'd also suggest you stop demanding a fix for problems in these forums, they are Community support forums not official Zimbra Support. In any case, you should file a bug report in bugzilla. You'll also find that Zimbra Desktop is EOL so I'd guess that you're not likely to get a fix in the short-term - search the forums for detaisl and also the Blof for details of the future replacement.

BTW, it does help if you give details of which version of the product you,re using and if it's not the most recent then upgrade to that (make sure you take a backup before the upgrade).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

SiliconJunkie is offline Loyal Member

Bill,

Where can I find information about ZD being EOL?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconJunkie View Post
    Where can I find information about ZD being EOL?
    site:zimbra.com +eol +desktop - Yahoo! Search Results
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information