Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When create reminder in calendar apear the time in thousands (1,000)

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by danil74 View Post
    Amazing this is not fixed
    If you read the bug report (mentioned in post #2) and the comment in post #3 you would see that it was fixed for that user, further information in the bug report indicates that there was a further problem and that has been resolved in the next release (7.2.2) of ZD & ZCS). You should do more investigation in bugzilla before posting an 'it doesn't work' post. You should also file bug reports if there continues to be a problem, that's what gets the attention of developers not posting in these forums.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

danil74 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If you read the bug report (mentioned in post #2) and the comment in post #3 you would see that it was fixed for that user, further information in the bug report indicates that there was a further problem and that has been resolved in the next release (7.2.2) of ZD & ZCS). You should do more investigation in bugzilla before posting an 'it doesn't work' post. You should also file bug reports if there continues to be a problem, that's what gets the attention of developers not posting in these forums.
    1. I'm sorry but you can consider in that case that bugzilla is not so clear for all or not clear at all. At the end i'm reading "bug is not fixed".
    2. In the download section (nor using update function in ZD) i can't see version 7.2.2 of ZD
    3. The bug is already opened, print screen provided are same of mine, so i've just wrote "same for me"

4. Generally speaking vmware zimbra is a commercial product for that reason i wrote in that manner.

regards

1. I'm sorry but you can consider in that case that bugzilla is not so clear for all or not clear at all. At the end i'm reading "bug is not fixed".
    You're wrong, that bug was fixed and if you look through the bug report you'll find it points you to an outstanding (and open) bug report.

2. In the download section (nor using update function in ZD) i can't see version 7.2.2 of ZD
    Did I say that the new version had been released?

3. The bug is already opened, print screen provided are same of mine, so i've just wrote "same for me"
    The bug report mentioned in this thread is not open, it was closed as fixed for the reason I stated earlier.

4. Generally speaking vmware zimbra is a commercial product for that reason i wrote in that manner.
    Generally speaking, you're wrong. Zimbra Desktop is a free Open Source email client, there is no support for it except what you will receive via these forums and bugzilla if you file any bug reports.
    Regards

Bill

You're wrong, that bug was fixed and if you look through the bug report you'll find it points you to an outstanding (and open) bug report.
    exatly, it is not clear. The last post is "So, this bug is not fixed"

Did I say that the new version had been released?
    So where the bug has been fixed? For a user a bug is fixed when he can work without it. If you like to be faultfinding be happy saying a workaround exists but you can't use it.

The bug report mentioned in this thread is not open, it was closed as fixed for the reason I stated earlier.
    the bug is for me still open for the reason i wrote above

Generally speaking, you're wrong. Zimbra Desktop is a free Open Source email client, there is no support for it except what you will receive via these forums and bugzilla if you file any bug reports.
    Generally speaking you are wrong, because if I go on my ZD in about section i can read "Zimbra Desktop 7.2.1 - Copyright 2008-2012 Vmware Inc. - all right reserved", like this domain.

Regards

Danil

exatly, it is not clear. The last post is "So, this bug is not fixed"
    For the simple reason that someone has added a comment to a fixed and closed bug report when they should have noted the new bug that was mentioned in that report. You do need to make some effort to read the bug reports rather than just one comment.

So where the bug has been fixed?
    I've already told you that it's fixed in the next release of ZD and that will be 7.2.2.

For a user a bug is fixed when he can work without it.
    That's correct and I guess you'll be trying the new release when it's available?

If you like to be faultfinding be happy saying a workaround exists but you can't use it.
    I did not say there was a workaround, I said it's fixed in the next release - which part of that statement is so hard for you to understand.

the bug is for me still open for the reason i wrote above
    Fine, see my previous comments about the next release.

Generally speaking you are wrong, because if I go on my ZD in about section i can read "Zimbra Desktop 7.2.1 - Copyright 2008-2012 Vmware Inc. - all right reserved", like this domain.
    Perhaps you haven't read the Open Source licence under which Zimbra Desktop has been released? You can download the source code and modify it to your hearts content within the Open Source licence - feel free or perhaps you don't understand what an open source product actually is?
    Regards

Bill

Bill,
    we can continue forever because in my opinion we are discussing on two different level.
    You are reporting (correct) information strictly based on procedure and techincal detail but i'm trying to express an opinion on an application (ZD) that is owned by VMware (I know that the license is open) and is part of a commercial solution (ZCS-NE) for wich you pay (of course) license and support. When a customer ask to his reseller a (commercial) alternative to Exchange-Outlook, the reseller propose ZCS-NE/ZD if the customer wants to have offline data.

So, my comment ("it's amazing...") was direct to Vmware for the commercial solution development. There no reason to criticise who works for community without any kind of revenue!

I'm a saleman and I really can't say to my customer that he can't use his (remind function) calendar in ZD, after he paid license and support for network edition. And I really can't say to a customer that bug is fixed if he continue to have it waiting new version even if I know that, technically speaking, the support team have fixed the problem in the new release.

So this is my (OT) opinion.
    Thanks for your time and patience to reply me.

Regards

Danil
    Last edited by danil74; 10-25-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information