Thread: Does the developer care about errors?

ron@ronwhite.com is offline Intermediate Member

Default Does the developer care about errors?

I'm having a problem several others are having. I can install Facebook under social media, and it works fine--until I shut down an relaunch Zimbra Desktop, when I then have to start all over again with Facebook from scratch.

Others have reported the same problem for at least 5 months. I have yet to see a solution offered by the company. In fact I have not read any sort of comment on the error by anyone in support or management.

Does management not care? Is it as simple as that? What a shame, because this program has real potention to change internet commuinications. If it worked.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ron@ronwhite.com View Post
    Does management not care? Is it as simple as that? What a shame, because this program has real potention to change internet commuinications. If it worked.
    These forums are Community Support forums not official Zimbra support, people that post here do so voluntarily. If you have a problem that's not been answered in the forums then head to bugzilla and file a bug report, that's the correct place to get the developers attention and eventual resolution.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

snute2008 is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    These forums are Community Support forums not official Zimbra support, people that post here do so voluntarily. If you have a problem that's not been answered in the forums then head to bugzilla and file a bug report, that's the correct place to get the developers attention and eventual resolution.
    This seems to be the stock answer to people asking for help and for bugs to be resolved. The bugs seem to take for ever to be resolved and I agree that this software could replace Outlook and the like if it just did "what it said on the tin" !!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by snute2008 View Post
    This seems to be the stock answer to people asking for help and for bugs to be resolved.
    That answer happens to be a fact - people that post here will help, when they can.

Quote Originally Posted by snute2008 View Post
    The bugs seem to take for ever to be resolved and I agree that this software could replace Outlook and the like if it just did "what it said on the tin" !!
    I understand it may be frustrating but the correct place to file (and follow-up) bugs and RFEs is in bugzilla not these forums, they are for help when it can be given and not for solving technical problems that can only be solved by code changes.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information