Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Delivery failed: SendMessage request failed: Method context doesn't exist

Ryan1 is offline Loyal Member

Please people... I understand your frustration but please consider not being so harsh on Zimbra about this.

If you force their hand, they may just decide not to offer ZD for free anymore. That would ruin it for a lot of us.

It’s free... you are not required to use it. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of ZD, please consider simply not using it. But please don't ruin it for the rest of us.

The assumption is that Zimbra is putting as many resources as they can into it consistent with it being FREE. Some of us are quite grateful for that and are willing to accept things we might not if we had to pay for it. It’s only fair.

So again, I urge you not to ruin it for everyone else and force Zimbra’s hand by being so demanding that they decide to withdraw the product or start charging for it. You have complete freedom not to use it if you so choose. Maybe you can try it again at a future date and it will be more to your liking.

If you badger and complain, you will be doing a disservice to those of us who rely on ZD remaining available and free.

As far as yahoo goes, they have always charged a premium for POP access. Google gives free POP. A long time ago I could see a reason to prefer yahoo over Google mail, but I no longer do. It's not that I am crazy about Google, I'm not. They are TERRIBLE about your privacy and do all kinds of evil things with your personal information. But I am sure yahoo is no better, so overall, I would advise switching to Google mail. BTW... Google mail is working fine in the current version of ZD.

jgswinkels is offline New Member

I agree with Ryan1.
    I switched to GMAIL and Zimbra works fine.
    For me case closed. I hope my sister can life with this.
    cheer.

pp_br_uk is offline Junior Member

Angry Very lame - ridiculous and image damaging

The reason why VM supports ZDS free is as an advertisement for the full product, and as overall corporate image.

This poor treatment of its clients is very damaging for their image. A severe bug which hinders the product unusable for months and no fix is ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous is finding a fix and not providing a patch urgently. In my world, this would have led to the manager being fired.

Yes, the blame is to be shared with Yahoo, but that doesn't take away Zimbra's responsibility. Particulalry when a solution is found but not made available.

I am a person in position to influence organisations buying Zimbra and VM, and I'm highly unimpressed.

Don't like Google's online interface (tags) and have had my Yahoo e-mail address for a decade and like their online version. Zimbra, despite all the bugs and continuous beta state over the years, has been the best desktop e-mail reader. Its functionality has been superior to Thunderbird and OE (both free), which is why I have stuck with it.

If VM doesn't want to continue to properly support the product, it would do better to donate the code to Mozila and invite them to incorporate it into TB.

As for my personal situation, yes, as one of you has already suggested, I'll just leave. Leave very disapointed with Zimbra and VM.

michaelmarr is offline Starter Member

Default I like free

Quote Originally Posted by jgswinkels View Post
    I checked Yahoo site -> For pop you have to upgrade to Yahoo plus for $19 / year !!!
    Yesterdag it worked, now I have to pay? No way
    I swapped to Gmail and Zimbra Desktop worked immediatly :-)
    bye bye Yahoo.
    Free is free. When free breaks I can't genuinely threaten the vendor that I am leaving immediately because they won't really miss me.

$20/yr for Yahoo Pop costs barely nothing and I pay it on one account and use 3 other free accounts. I don't see the vitriol over these slight amounts -- free, $9.95, $19.95. My legal software company charges me $77 per month for crappy divorce software built on the 2003 Access engine and the updates won't install unless you call customer support. You get into that situation, then you can complain.

Katsmth is offline Starter Member

Default SendMessage request failed: Method context doesn't exist

I have the same problems only with yahoo accounts, this zimbra does not work for yahoo accounts. My account in gmail is working perfectly, but I really need it for my yahoo accounts

Katsmth is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by pp_br_uk View Post
    The reason why VM supports ZDS free is as an advertisement for the full product, and as overall corporate image.

This poor treatment of its clients is very damaging for their image. A severe bug which hinders the product unusable for months and no fix is ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous is finding a fix and not providing a patch urgently. In my world, this would have led to the manager being fired.

Yes, the blame is to be shared with Yahoo, but that doesn't take away Zimbra's responsibility. Particulalry when a solution is found but not made available.

I am a person in position to influence organisations buying Zimbra and VM, and I'm highly unimpressed.

Don't like Google's online interface (tags) and have had my Yahoo e-mail address for a decade and like their online version. Zimbra, despite all the bugs and continuous beta state over the years, has been the best desktop e-mail reader. Its functionality has been superior to Thunderbird and OE (both free), which is why I have stuck with it.

If VM doesn't want to continue to properly support the product, it would do better to donate the code to Mozila and invite them to incorporate it into TB.

As for my personal situation, yes, as one of you has already suggested, I'll just leave. Leave very disapointed with Zimbra and VM.
    Ryan 1,

I am sorry but I download it because in the advertising says that zimbra works with yahoo, and this is not true, I have 4 email accounts in yahoo and none of them works with zimbra, of course I am going to erase it but I need to give my oppinion about the program and the truth is DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Katsmth View Post
    I am sorry but I download it because in the advertising says that zimbra works with yahoo, and this is not true, I have 4 email accounts in yahoo and none of them works with zimbra, of course I am going to erase it but I need to give my oppinion about the program and the truth is DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY
    If you read this thread you'll know that it doesn't work because Yahoo made a change to their interface, that's what caused the problem. The fix to deal with this change will be in Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

petepapin is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If you read this thread you'll know that it doesn't work because Yahoo made a change to their interface, that's what caused the problem. The fix to deal with this change will be in Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2.
    I think the general consensus here is that it is ridiculous to have to wait 45+ days for an update to a problem that is known (and supposedly has a fix).

EVEN FOR A "FREE" PRODUCT.

Almost every program would have had a patch released by now. This problem extends concern when we lose confidence in the program (and the company that produces it). Why would I buy a commercial product (or recommend one) from a company that can't even keep it's free offerings up-to-date?

petepapin is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmarr View Post
    Free is free. When free breaks I can't genuinely threaten the vendor that I am leaving immediately because they won't really miss me.

$20/yr for Yahoo Pop costs barely nothing and I pay it on one account and use 3 other free accounts. I don't see the vitriol over these slight amounts -- free, $9.95, $19.95. My legal software company charges me $77 per month for crappy divorce software built on the 2003 Access engine and the updates won't install unless you call customer support. You get into that situation, then you can complain.
    If I was willing to pay Yahoo $20/yr for the POP3 access, I would use MS Outlook and wouldn't NEED ZIMBRA Desktop.

I know there are other (better supported) free email programs out there (Thunderbird). I like Zimbra Desktop and would have liked to have stayed with it.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by petepapin View Post
    I think the general consensus here is that it is ridiculous to have to wait 45+ days for an update to a problem that is known (and supposedly has a fix).

EVEN FOR A "FREE" PRODUCT.

Almost every program would have had a patch released by now. This problem extends concern when we lose confidence in the program (and the company that produces it). Why would I buy a commercial product (or recommend one) from a company that can't even keep it's free offerings up-to-date?
    You are, of course, free to think whatever you like. As has been previously stated, he fix will be in the next version, I'm quite happy to wait for that and you can either wait for the new release or do whatever suits you.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information