Thread: Auto Sync Not Working

Ryan1 is offline Loyal Member

Default Auto Sync Not Working

Zimbra 7.01
    Windows XP SP3

I was initially excited to find Zimbra a few days ago, and it seemed great when I installed it.

But although it "works" for the most part, I have found it to be pretty buggy.

It's a nice program, so I thought I'd invest a little time in trying to help fix it, and see how responsive vmware is to see if it is worth my time.

The most siginficant bug I have encountered so far it that the auto sync stops working after a few passes.

I have about 5 e-mail accounts set up, one Google and 4 Yahoo. Each is set to update every minute (although I tried setting other periods of update and had the same problem).

When I first start the program, all accounts seem to automatically update properly a few times. Then the updates just stop.

After it stops updating, the Yahoo accounts never display the circling arrows (indicating that it is syncing), and the Google account displays the circling arrows non-stop... the arrows are there all the time.

I think some module is crashing because after installing Zimbra, when I go to shut down the computer, I get the error sound and an error message flashes on the screen that something crashed. So far I have not been able to catch what it is, but I will try to find out.

I have been able to get things to manually sync using the send receive button. So, for now, that is what I am doing.

That's about all I can offer right now. Maybe this is a known bug?

All my Yahoo accounts also have the red dot with the "x" next to them for the address book updating error as well. I know you are aware of this issue.

Thanks for listining. I hope the bugs can be worked out because it would be a great program if it worked better.

Update...

I disabled the contact and group list updating for all accounts in Setup and the auto updating started working again.

So maybe the problem was caused by the Yahoo contact updating issue?

Got my fingers crossed!

I will report back if it stops working again.

Thanks.

Later... Confirmed... as long as I uncheck "Synchronize all contacts and groups," everything updates automatically. So it appears to be related to that problem.
    Last edited by Ryan1; 05-21-2011 at 08:18 PM.

This appears to still be an ongoing problem.

After a while, maybe an hour or a few hours, my mailboxes stop syncing automatically. I have them set to update every minute, and they do so for a time, then just stop updating for no apparent reason.

Don't know why but this problem seems to have resolved itself along with the duplicate mail problem. I'm a happy camper!

dywang is offline Zimbra Employee

Right, Yahoo changed their contacts API (limit old API to sync 1000 or so contacts per day for all ZD users...), so ZD implements their new API for contacts sync. It is available in the recent beta release, please try that out. Thanks !

henry123 is offline Starter Member

Default Sent Items Settings and Send / Receive

Hi,

I am a new Zimbra Desktop user, I have installed new version of Zimbra Desktop on my laptop. I succesfully installed it but my question is, can I set my sent item will send also on my imap server? Because previously I used thunderbird and I can set my sent item on my server but now on ZD it only save it on my local disk. Also, I am having problem for send/receive. I set it to send and receive every minute but I think it does not work because I did not receive any new messages. But when I tried to click send and receive and then I receive all my new messages. Do I need every time to click send and receive button to receive new messages? Please help.

Thanks,
    Henry

Thread Information