Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Address Book Sync problem

alphaelectric is offline Member

I have posted here because

1. one of you moderators finally had the spare time to check out the latest "inconvenience" and

2. a decently run platform allows people to leave (which obviously isn't the case here) and finally because

3. I'm done with this cross platform experiment that never had all functions working at the same time in two freaking years!

That's why !

jflanigan is offline Zimbra Employee

It appears that our attempts to access the address book API are being blocked. We are working with Yahoo to attempt to have our address book API service reinstated.

Bug 59849 - Yahoo address book synchronization has been temporarily blocked for this account.

We are also exploring migrating to the new Contacts API

Bug 60035 - Sync Yahoo address book using Contacts API

kevro2000 is offline New Member

Here's my report, also having the same problem.

Yahoo address book synchronization has been temporarily blocked for this account. Zimbra Desktop will automatically try to synchronize again in about 15 minutes.

Debug message: Yahoo address book synchronization failed

Exception:

com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.YabImport$1: Yahoo address book synchronization failed
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-kevro2000@yahoo.com:1306016752479:849dd1f75f653b0f
    Code:yab.999
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.YabImport.serviceExce ption(YabImport.java:97)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.YabImport.failed(YabI mport.java:82)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.YabImport.importData( YabImport.java:70)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:94)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:59)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:312)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:276)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:441)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:471)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:408)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbo x.java:278)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

fourq2 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jflanigan View Post
    It appears that our attempts to access the address book API are being blocked. We are working with Yahoo to attempt to have our address book API service reinstated.

Bug 59849 - Yahoo address book synchronization has been temporarily blocked for this account.

We are also exploring migrating to the new Contacts API

Bug 60035 - Sync Yahoo address book using Contacts API

Many thanks to jflanigan for two things; first that the problem is recognised, and second for letting us know what's being done to rectify it.

It's reassuring, you see because it's one thing to flame those getting frustrated with an obvious issue, and quite another to look into the issue at the root of the frustration.

Many thanks and thumbs up to you, Sir.

Default Same problem different result

Hi All,

First time posting here so greetings

I too have had the same error message though I notice I can still send and receive mail despite this - odd?

I have also setup to send / receive my Gmail from Google also without problem.

As a side note to all those out there giving the Zimbra team flak for there being a problem with the program. Be that as it may - maybe folk out there ought to remember they are getting something for free and to be appreciative. I, for one, am grateful for to have such a good and useful program for free. So next time bear this in mind when venting your frustrations at the Zimbra team?

Regards to all and have a glorious day.

xxlGuru is offline Intermediate Member

Default Might help...

I have the ZDClient 7.0.1 Build 10791 running on two separate Win7 machines. Both connect to the same Yahoo account. One is currently working fine, one has this problem.

Does anyone know how to flush the zimbra settings back to default. I don't really want to uninstall / reinstall as I have other accounts with tags linked to this client.

ken2johnson is offline Active Member

Default Don't reset Yahoo account in Zimbra

I wouldn't recommend resetting your Yahoo account right now. The Yahoo Address Book sync problem affects all Zimbra versions. It has to do with a change that Yahoo made, not Zimbra. If you reset the Yahoo account you will no longer have any Yahoo address book entries. You probably are not seeing the sync error on the one copy of Zimbra because it synced successfully before this problem and you have not changed any entries in your Yahoo address book since then. So, it doesn't need to sync anything and is not getting an error. Just leave your Yahoo account alone until a new Zimbra Desktop version is released that uses the new Yahoo API that fixes this issue. Unfortunately, I don't see them fixing this in older versions of Zimbra Desktop. So, when they release the next update any Yahoo users will need to upgrade to that version if they want the Yahoo address book.

Also, for Zimbra employees watching this thread: This has been an issue for over a month. What's the status? I know there's a bug report for this and the new API functionality is being developed, but we need it released in production as soon as you can.

fourq2 is offline Junior Member

grajesh955 posted earlier saying "ZD 7.1.1 beta is available online. You can download it from Zimbra - Products: Zimbra Desktop Beta Downloads (http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zd-betas-downloads.html)"

Firstly, I notice that his post is no longer visible. Secondly, having installed ZD 7.1.1 the sync error persists with the following somewhat different description.

Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later.

Exception:

com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yc.YContactException: Failed to import yahoo contacts.
    ExceptionId:btpool0-6:1309257372362:09226cace013f53f
    Code:yahoo contact persist token error
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yc.YContactImport.importD ata(YContactImport.java:70)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:60)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:312)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:276)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:442)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:480)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:53)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:412)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:287)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:158)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:294)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:215)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:725)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:208)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:814)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:390)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:543)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:946)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:756)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:405)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:410)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yc.YContactException: yahoo contact persist token error
    ExceptionId:btpool0-6:1309257372362:09226cace013f53f
    Code:YContact.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yc.oauth.OAuthManager$O AuthCredential.load(OAuthManager.java:208)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yc.oauth.OAuthManager$O AuthCredential.access$300(OAuthManager.java:139)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yc.oauth.OAuthManager.g etRetryToken(OAuthManager.java:70)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.YContactSync.pushToServerAnd Sync(YContactSync.java:125)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.YContactSync.sync(YContactSy nc.java:108)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yc.YContactImport.importD ata(YContactImport.java:63)
    ... 34 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yc.oauth.OAuthManager$O AuthCredential.load(OAuthManager.java:201)
    ... 39 more

xxlGuru is offline Intermediate Member

Yeah ne too... even tried a reset on the account but no joy.

prashant is offline Zimbra Employee

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information