Thread: Empty Inbox for no apparent reason

sanmonster is offline Starter Member

Default Empty Inbox for no apparent reason

Please help me with this, it just happened to one out of many users at my office.

On Monday morning, this user found that his inbox was empty. He didn't do anything between Friday and Monday, so he didn't expect to have an empty inbox (sent, drafts, and trash are still intact). So, we think that there might be a glitch somewhere and put the matter on hold.

Then, on Wednesday, the same user found out that his inbox was wiped out (again). This is getting to our attention as a growing problems, we have no clue what the cause of it and when will it happens.

After thorough interview with the user, he told us that he did open zimbra webmail using Mozilla Firefox (but he didn't use any email client) during the weekend, but not on Tuesday night at all. And this user is using Zimbra Desktop on his office computer.

We've checked the email settings, the account preferences, and we found nothing that could have caused all of this. So, please help us with this.

Many thanks before!!!

uxbod is offline Moderator

If you view the users mailbox through the ZWC is it empty ? Have you tried performing a re-index on the mailbox ? Have you checked /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log for any error messages ? Would you also update your profile with the following please
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v
    so we know which version of ZCS you are running.

fogogg is offline Junior Member

I just ran into this as well on 6.0.5_GA_2213.UBUNTU_64 Network Edition. A user informed me that her inbox was empty upon logging in even though it had mail yesterday.

A reindex indicated that the user has no email and the admin GUI claims the last time this user logged in was 02/05/2010, which I know is untrue.

I can't restore from a backup because we JUST completed upgrading from the Open Source Edition to Network Edition and due to some licensing issues haven't been able to take a backup aside from the full I made before beginning the upgrade yet.

Thread Information