Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zdeskop does not pass the startup screen (three alternating red symbols)

gtroei is offline New Member

Default Zdeskop does not pass the startup screen (three alternating red symbols)

Zdesktop worked well for quite a few weeks. Now, when starting up, Zdesktop does not pass the startup screen. The errog log displays the following (See the last one for the error statement):

canUpdate? testing C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\zdesktop\win32\prism\update.test

canUpdate? testing C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\zdesktop\win32\prism\updates\0\update. test

canUpdate? windowsVersion = 5.1

canUpdate? testing C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\zdesktop\win32\prism\update.test

can update

Reading Status File: C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\zdesktop\win32\prism\updates\0\update. status

Reading Status File: C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\zdesktop\win32\prism\updates\0\update. status

_postUpdateProcessing: No Status, No Update

_loadXMLFileIntoArray: XML File does not exist

Error: this.docShell is null
    Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml
    Line: 0

Warning: assignment to undeclared variable YAHOO
    Source File: chrome://inquisitor/content/utils.js
    Line: 8

Warning: assignment to undeclared variable yahooLogger
    Line: 833

Warning: assignment to undeclared variable ytbDebug
    Line: 834

Warning: assignment to undeclared variable yahooUtils
    Line: 838

Warning: assignment to undeclared variable yahooNetUtils
    Line: 842

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'height'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ron/Local%20Settings/Application%20Data/Zimbra/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp/splash.html
    Line: 8

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80540006 [nsIApplicationIcon.show]" nsresult: "0x80540006 (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://webrunner/content/webrunner.js :: anonymous :: line 687" data: no]

Can anybody give me a clue how to proceed and solve this problem?

Zdeskop: 103 build 1691

Ron Oei

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

have you tried reinstall yet? your data should be kept during reinstallation.

jmhe,

thanks for your response! I reinstalled Zimbra desktop twice. Both times after an uninstall. The second time, I shut down the computer before reinstalling, unfortunately the error reports stay the same!!

paulfwood is offline New Member

I'm having exactly the same issue. Where exactly are the log files? I'm using Windows 7 ultimate.

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

This should work for Vista and above:
    Code:
    %localappdata%\Zimbra\zdesktop\log

paulfwood is offline New Member

Interesting, none of the 4 files in that folder have been altered since the 1st, even though I just tried it and got the 3 red circles again.

ArcaneMagus is offline Moderator

Those files would be modified by the service, not the client app you run. Look in the log files and if you have errors exactly like the original poster then say something here, otherwise start a new thread and post any errors from the logs. There are many different causes as to why you wouldn't be able to connect to the service.

Unhappy Access to the log file

The log file I presented when starting this thread are displayed as follows:
    1. start up Zimbra deskop
    2. Result: the (endless) repeating three red dots in the middle of the screen.
    3. Shift F6 (or alt F6?, I was obliged to uninstall Zimbra, because the program on the background kept on downloading my mails from the server to my PC/client, with the result that I could not access my mails anymore) and in the corner right under appears a small menu, choose error log and you will see a similar log I presented. The error messages, however do not give me any clue how to solve this problem. Might a recent XP or Java upgrade be a possible cause of the resulting problems?

My problem is not solved yet, and I am forced to use a web based e-mail system!
    Ron Oei
    The Netherlands

dvpson is offline Beginner Member

Default Same problem here!!

Cannot pinpoint what may have caused this to happen, but I also cannot get past the revolving red icons on startup.

I have an idea that it could be that I updated my briefcase using the web browser application, (as I needed the document to be always accessible, rather than only on my desktop app) whilst the Zimbra Desktop app was also open.

I also updated my documents, while the Desktop app was open.

Could someone shed some light on this? Is there a conflict in the synchronisation process that may interfere with the updating of the desktop app?

Thanks.

amyp is offline Junior Member

Default Startup Screen doesn't go past 3 red icons!

Hi! I have the same problem -- just started last week with no trigger that I can think of.

I did find a kludge -- if click on an email address in another program, with Zimbra being my default email app the other program jolts Zimbra into showing the mail tags with the commanded new email showing up.

So I can get the desktop to startup, but only by this annoying kludge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information