Thread: Also sync failure

Sergei K is offline Junior Member

Default Also sync failure

I have successfully created an account in Zimbra Desktop that mirrors my Yahoo!Mail account.

Then I started a major restructuring of my mail folders locally, from inside the Zimbra Desktop.

Here and there I had synch automatically starting up, sometimes successfully (ending with a green circle), sometimes not (ending with exclamation mark in a red circle).

When I finished I started the synch forcefully (by Send/Receive button) but after that moment I could never get a successful synch.

As a matter of fact, I cannot see any discrepancies now between the local version of folder system in Zimbra Desktop, and the remote version at the Yahoo! site. But:
    1) I would like to have a reliable reporting of faults, so that the next time there is something wrong with the synch, I will know it at once. And if the software always reports of faults, it is of no help.
    This is why I am giving here, as suggested, the debug report. (See below under 1)

2) Actually I have found one fault in the final synchronization, and I can make a guess about its origin. (I am giving this story below under 2). But then I corrected that fault manually and at the present moment, as I said, the contents of local folders (Zimbra Desktop) and remote folders (Yahoo!) are identical.

So, here are the details:

1) (sorry about Cyrillic interspersing the report, but I believe that the crucial information remains clear)

Сообщение отладки: HTTP request failed: 999: null
    {must be sth like "Debug report"}

Исключение:
    {"Exception"}
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Yahoo address book synchronization failed
    ExceptionId:btpool0-5:1238420409968:26ccd1ad60055924
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncExceptionHandler.checkRe coverableException(SyncExceptionHandler.java:40)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.YabImport.importData( YabImport.java:68)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:53)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:389)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:431)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:49)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:429)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:286)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:190)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Contact sync error
    ExceptionId:btpool0-5:1238420409953:26ccd1ad60055924
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.SyncSession.sync(Sync Session.java:85)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.YabImport.importData( YabImport.java:66)
    ... 33 more
    Caused by: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: HTTP request failed: 999: null
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yab.Request.sendRequest (Request.java:91)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yab.Request.send(Reques t.java:55)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.yab.SyncRequest.send(Sy ncRequest.java:79)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.SyncSession.syncData( SyncSession.java:99)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yab.SyncSession.sync(Sync Session.java:83)
    ... 34 more

Если эта проблема возникает снова, опубликуйте описание и данные журнала отладки здесь.
    {sth like "If the problem persists, publish the description and the log data here"}

2) The alleged origin of the problem.

Originally I had two emails with identical headings (say "ABCD") in my Inbox folder at Yahoo!, both from the same correspondent, and both with my replies. But those emails were sent at a time distance of six months, and it was important to me to distribute them over different folders, when I did the local restructuring of mail folders under Zimbra Desktop. However, initially I had the "By Conversation" View Option in Zimbra Desktop, and those emails were merged in one "conversation". I made a number of attempts to separate that conversation and distribute those emails over two different folders, but it was only when I changed the View Option to "By Message" that I succeeded.
    Nevertheless, the only discrepancy that I could notice after final sync was that one of those emails completely disappeared at my remote Yahoo! account. Now I know that it is better to do a major reshuffle in Zimbra Desktop when you have your View option set to "By Message", and it is no big problem with me. But I would like to receive a green circle after my next synch, when everything has been really synhronized. (as for that lost message, on the local system I moved it to a specially created folder that does not require synchronizing; and that allows me to say that _now_ all the folders that require synchronizing are identical; if only the software could confirm that..)

Thank you in advance.

dac
    dac is offline Zimbra Employee

The "999" error was a server-side issue supposedly fixed by the Yahoo Address Book team. I'll have to follow up with them to find out why this is still failing for you. Would you mind sending me your Yahoo ID so they can manually unblock your account if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by dac View Post
    The "999" error was a server-side issue supposedly fixed by the Yahoo Address Book team. I'll have to follow up with them to find out why this is still failing for you. Would you mind sending me your Yahoo ID so they can manually unblock your account if necessary?
    Thanks a lot!
    My email address is: englearner@yahoo.com

Default Looks like solved

Finally, today the sync procedure ended with a green circle.
    Presuming it is the result of efforts of the Zimbra team, I thank them for the help!

Thread Information