Thread: Unable to send Yahoo Small Business mail: SendMessage request failed: You are not ...

americancrew is offline Starter Member

Default Unable to send Yahoo Small Business mail: SendMessage request failed: You are not ...

Hi, I just wanted to report that I am unable to send out any mail from any of my yahoo business mail accounts. Whenever I try to do so, I get the following error:

SendMessage request failed: You are not allowed to send as xxx@yyy.com

I'm currently using Mac OSX 10.5.6, running latest zimbra version 1.0 (build 1513)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008072406 Prism (zdesktop/1.0)

I have also attached a snippet from the error log.
    What happens is that after I try to send out email from my yahoo business account, the email will go into the outbox for a few seconds before disappearing. An incoming email arrives in my inbox with the subject, "Delivery failed: SendMessage request failed: You are not allowed to send as xxx@yyy.com"
    The body of the email will also have the same content as the subject.

After the email message from the outbox disappears, it does not appear in the sent box or anywhere else.

I would really like to use zimbra, please have this bug fixed soon!

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

dac
    dac is offline Zimbra Employee

Something's not right as we should be using SMTP for sending small biz email and not "SendMessage" (Yahoo Mail API). Would you mind enabling debug trace in account settings then after hitting save check the log file for "GetUserData"? This is a YMail API request we use to detect a small biz account and should give us the small biz email addresses associated with your account.

scottdg223 is offline Starter Member

Is there a solution to this yet? I just started using Zimbra and have encountered "SendMessage request failed: You are not allowed to send as" error.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by scottdg223 View Post
    Is there a solution to this yet?
    The answer is probably no as the o/p never responded. There's a question in the post above yours:

Quote Originally Posted by dac View Post
    Would you mind enabling debug trace in account settings then after hitting save check the log file for "GetUserData"?
    If you do that then post the output in this thread, you should also post detail of which version of ZD you're using.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

spec is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The answer is probably no as the o/p never responded. There's a question in the post above yours:

If you do that then post the output in this thread, you should also post detail of which version of ZD you're using.
    Has there been a resolution to this issue? I tried to get the data in the question to the original post but could not find where I could enable debug trace in either yahoo or zimbra. I am using zimbra 7.2.1 with win7. I like Zimbra, but hate getting this message after only sending a few emails. Please help!

Thread Information