Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Version 0.92 (1418) not working correctly

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemymac View Post
    Hi jjzhuang! It's not just the situation w/ the Calendar... Ymail hasn't been syncing the mail for 3 days now? I delete, then add, its fine for about 10 min, then goes to "error." Won't let me send or receive mail - so forget the calendar, it can't/won't even sync the mail! I don't think it's Zdesktop, I think this is a Yahoo! Mail issue?
    We'll need to look at your <install>/log/zdesktop.log, which is always the first step. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Just to clarify:

The calendar issue is not really what this thread is about. The problem I am having (and it appears Barkerductions is too) is that our Yahoo accounts (Mail, Contacts, Calendar) won't sync beyond the initial download of data. It will also not let us send mail.
    zdesktop.log please. if some exception blocked the sync we'll see it in the log. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    What account is this? Yahoo?
    Yes, Yahoo. Am I the only one with this particular problem so far? I've tried to find similar messages, but unsuccessful. I hate being the only fly in the ointment..

Quote Originally Posted by Barkerductions View Post
    Yes, Yahoo. Am I the only one with this particular problem so far? I've tried to find similar messages, but unsuccessful. I hate being the only fly in the ointment..
    If you are using yahoo small biz account, the it's a known issue; if you are using free or plus account, then it's new. In the latter case we'll need to take a look at <install>/log/zdesktop.log.

ScottK is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    zdesktop.log please. if some exception blocked the sync we'll see it in the log. thanks!
    How do I send the file to you only? I don't necessarily want it posted for everyone to see in case it contains information about my account.

It's the latter... I'm using the free account.

I suppose that means I'm going to have to re-install v0.92 again, huh?

I've never done the install log thing... Will it be evident when I do it?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Just to clarify:

The calendar issue is not really what this thread is about. The problem I am having (and it appears Barkerductions is too) is that our Yahoo accounts (Mail, Contacts, Calendar) won't sync beyond the initial download of data. It will also not let us send mail.
    File a bug at Log in to Bugzilla and select Desktop Client as component. Mark the bug private, and attach log, zip if too large, to the bug. This way only Zimbra employees can see it.

reler is offline Member

Default ymail domain only ?

Ended up in this forum because I am experiencing the non-syncing problem and this is the first thread that came up when I searched on "ymail". You'll see why in a moment.

I have Zimbra on a SUSE desktop & a Windows XP Home laptop, both using 0.92. The SUSE box has just two accounts set up, one @ymail.com, the other @yahoo.com. The ymail account will not synch but the yahoo.com account is fine. Like I said, that's why I searched for "ymail".

However, BOTH accounts seem to work on the Windows version.

So from an empirical point of view, there seems to be a problem on Linux with ymail accounts.

Does that point anybody in the right direction ? A rapid solution would be great ;-)

Reler

Quote Originally Posted by reler View Post
    Ended up in this forum because I am experiencing the non-syncing problem and this is the first thread that came up when I searched on "ymail". You'll see why in a moment.

I have Zimbra on a SUSE desktop & a Windows XP Home laptop, both using 0.92. The SUSE box has just two accounts set up, one @ymail.com, the other @yahoo.com. The ymail account will not synch but the yahoo.com account is fine. Like I said, that's why I searched for "ymail".

However, BOTH accounts seem to work on the Windows version.

So from an empirical point of view, there seems to be a problem on Linux with ymail accounts.

Does that point anybody in the right direction ? A rapid solution would be great ;-)

Reler
    The first step is always <install>/log/zdesktop.log. Thanks!

reler is offline Member

Default logs attached

OK, have logged bug 33933 and attached logs to that (marked as private).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information