Thread: synchronization has been disabled

mario22 is offline Member

Default synchronization has been disabled

I'm running a fresh install of the build 1344 on XP SP2. Every now and then, I guess after sending an email but not for sure, I get this error for all the synchronized folders. Is there anything I can do, besides periodically reenabling sync for all the folders? Will any emails get lost in between?
    Thanks!

Code:
    2008-11-05 00:27:57,093 DEBUG [sync-timer-xyzxyz@abcdef.com] [] datasource - Found 10 folders for DataSource: { id=47f03d21-69f9-43cf-bf61-8675cc270013, type=imap, isEnabled=true, name=xyzxyz at abcdef, host=imap-ssl.mail.abcdef.com, port=993, connectionType=ssl, username=xyzxyz, folderId=1 }
    2008-11-05 00:27:57,453 DEBUG [sync-timer-xyzxyz@abcdef.com] [] offline - getSyncState: folder = 2, key = 8589934594, state = {lastUid=9970,exists=890,unseen=0,lastModSeq=7632}
    2008-11-05 00:27:57,453 DEBUG [sync-timer-xyzxyz@abcdef.com] [] datasource - Local folder '/Inbox': SyncState = {lastUid=9970,exists=890,unseen=0,lastModSeq=7632}
    2008-11-05 00:27:57,453 DEBUG [sync-timer-xyzxyz@abcdef.com] [] datasource - Local folder '/Inbox': pushChanges: lastModSeq = 7632
    2008-11-05 00:27:57,453 DEBUG [sync-timer-xyzxyz@abcdef.com] [] datasource - Deleting IMAP message tracker: mboxId=2, localFolderId=2, msgId=7603
    2008-11-05 00:27:57,468 DEBUG [sync-timer-xyzxyz@abcdef.com] [] datasource - Remote folder 'Inbox': deleting 1 messages(s) from folder
    2008-11-05 00:27:57,625 ERROR [sync-timer-xyzxyz@abcdef.com] [] datasource - Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' failed
    com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.CommandFailedException: UID STORE failed: UID STORE error; can't store that data
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.checkStatus(ImapRequest.java:94)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendCheckStatus(ImapRequest.java:80)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidStore(ImapConnection.java:399)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidStore(ImapConnection.java:392)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.RemoteFolder.deleteMessages(RemoteFolder.java:114)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.deleteMessages(ImapFolderSync.java:861)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.pushDeletes(ImapFolderSync.java:289)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.pushChanges(ImapFolderSync.java:273)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessages(ImapFolderSync.java:179)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(ImapSync.java:217)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(ImapSync.java:159)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapSync.java:120)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMailImport.java:36)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importData(DataSourceManager.java:158)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(LocalMailbox.java:354)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDataSources(LocalMailbox.java:327)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailbox.java:383)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(LocalMailbox.java:307)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(DesktopMailbox.java:259)
    	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    2008-11-05 00:27:57,625 WARN  [sync-timer-xyzxyz@abcdef.com] [] offline - sync failure for id=2; generating failure report
    com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.CommandFailedException: UID STORE failed: UID STORE error; can't store that data
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.checkStatus(ImapRequest.java:94)

Might be only my shallow impression, but my feeling is that this automatic refresh task has a deep overreaching problem which nobody really knows how to address.
    None of those sync failure error reports of last months got answered... makes one think. Heck, a trivial retry after an hour would be a solution for many of us.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mario22 View Post
    Might be only my shallow impression, but my feeling is that this automatic refresh task has a deep overreaching problem which nobody really knows how to address.
    None of those sync failure error reports of last months got answered... makes one think. Heck, a trivial retry after an hour would be a solution for many of us.
    Did you search the forums first? UID STORE failed: UID STORE error; can't store that data

I'd suggest you file a bug report to help in identifying the problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thank you for the reply. I did the search indeed before and I also noticed the thread you mention. However neither that thread nor other finds offer any solution but just the suggestion of opening a bug report.
    I will open it right now, no problem, thanks for the link (I couldn't find it before). I would have just liked to know the outcome of the above bug report(s) as a search in Bugzilla yields no results for "UID store failed"...

EDIT: I created bug 33137.
    Last edited by mario22; 11-12-2008 at 03:07 PM.

rlllong is offline Starter Member

I'm also having the same problem. I didn't realize that my inbox and folder synch for my primary account had failed until about three days later, when I looked closely at my priority folder that filters messages from my boss into. It read that the folder wasn't syncing, even though it had been previously. After I restarted syncing that folder, three e-mails from my boss from three days earlier appeared in the priority folder.

Ever since then I've been checking twice a day to make sure the stupid synch is on for the inbox and priority folder of my primary account. I hope Zimbra fixes this bug soon. This bug nearly cost me big time.

- Robert

[Edit] I do love Zimbra desktop. It's just what I need for managing my multiple e-mail accounts. I just don't like this king sized bug.
    Last edited by rlllong; 11-12-2008 at 09:44 PM.

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

currently we have code to turn off sync on a folder if an error is encountered so that sync of other folders can continue. I can see that turning sync on Inbox is not such a good idea. We'll change that.

There should be an Error Reports folder. Could you check to see if there's any error reports?

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    currently we have code to turn off sync on a folder if an error is encountered so that sync of other folders can continue. I can see that turning sync on Inbox is not such a good idea. We'll change that.
    I'm sure you mean here not only Inbox but all the folders to be synced
    If this is the reason of disabling sync, maybe you could implement to just put it to hibernate until all the other folders sync (or fail), then retry it after some delay.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    There should be an Error Reports folder. Could you check to see if there's any error reports?
    Just for the record (I know you know that already but maybe others don't): I don't know how this works for rlllong but I receive the error reports fine, so I can always know when and where there's something going wrong. This eases the pain as I can always reenable sync by hand on the concerned folder. So even if you programmers do some work on this area, I hope you won't take out the error messages as they still could be pointing to real problems (UID handling used to be an issue in Outlook for a long long time)
    Last edited by mario22; 11-13-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Thread Information