Thread: MailException: Invalid UIDNEXT

fjanon is offline Member

Default MailException: Invalid UIDNEXT

I upgraded from zdesktop_0_90_build_1251_win32.exe to zdesktop_0_90_build_1278_win32.exe . When I open Zimbra Desktop, the folders are not updated, I still get the same view as 2 weeks ago when I ran the Desktop last. I looked at the logs and I get a bunch of the exception below. I am not sure the error was not there before because I didn't use it for very long. I have all the log files if you are interested.

What should I do? Uninstall Zimbra and start from scratch again?

Thanks

Fred

com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailException: Invalid UIDNEXT (> last sync uid)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag es(ImapFolderSync.java:163)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:220)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:162)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:123)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:322)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:303)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:360)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:283)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:117)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

dac
    dac is offline Zimbra Employee

Hi Fred,

From the exception it looks like zdesktop thinks the server has sent an invalid UIDNEXT response. Was everything working fine before the upgrade?

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you please send us both log and trace files from before and after the upgrade if you still have them? The trace file will show us the IMAP protocol commands (not including password or email contents) so we can check if the server is sending an incorrect response.

Thanks, David

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

this shouldn't have anything to do with install. if you see an error like this, install probably went ok.

please enable trace on the account settings page as dac suggested, run another sync with server, and sent us both <install>/log/mailbox.log and <install>/log/zdesktop.out. you should file a bug and attach them as private attachments to the bug. thanks!

fjanon is offline Member

I went to "Account Settings" for my Yahoo! Mail Account. I checked the "Enable Debug Trace" box. clicked "Save Settings", all buttons became greyed out, "Processing..." message came on forever. I shutdown the service after 15mins. I tried to change only the sync time (from 5 mins to 15mins) and the app got stuck the same way. So it seems that at the moment nothing, absolutely nothing is happening in the Zimbra Desktop application. It doesn't syncup or does anything at all. Even the logs are not updated it seems. The only thing I can do is look at a few messages I downloaded 2 weeks ago. I can zip up all the logs and file a bug but I would like to know how to get out of this situation pretty quickly. I almost uninstalled the whole thing and resinstalled it in despair.

Thanks

Fred

Known issue. There's a workaround for this here:

Single file patch for 1278 users

fjanon is offline Member

Ah, cool, I applied the patch and started Zimbra again. I got the logs, I am going to update the bug with the new logs with the IMAP commands in a zip file.

Should I wait until someone has a look or just uninstall it and re-install it to see if it's working?

Thanks

Fred

this kind of issue is unrelated to any install problem so reinstall won't help.

fjanon is offline Member

Default Exception reading Yahoo Mail Plus: Zimbra desktop unusable

I just installed zdesktop_0_91_build_1338_win32.exe and here is what I get when I try to read my Yahoo Mail Plus. I have had this problem for over a month now, updated 3 times with the latest version and the problem is still there. If Zimbra cannot read Yahoo's mail, I am a bit concerned.

2008-10-09 10:36:01,021 DEBUG [sync-timer-fjanon@yahoo.com] [] datasource - Local folder '/Inbox': SyncState = {lastUid=419280,exists=-1,unseen=-1,lastModSeq=5301}
    2008-10-09 10:36:01,021 ERROR [sync-timer-fjanon@yahoo.com] [] datasource - Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' failed
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag es(ImapFolderSync.java:168)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:217)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:159)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:120)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:36)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:158)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:354)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:327)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:383)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:307)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:259)
    2008-10-09 10:36:01,021 INFO [sync-timer-fjanon@yahoo.com] [] datasource - Import completed for data source 'Yahoo mail'
    2008-10-09 10:36:01,021 ERROR [sync-timer-fjanon@yahoo.com] [] offline - sync failure: Yahoo mail
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' failed
    ExceptionId:sync-timer-fjanon@yahoo.com:1223519761021:f0bc80c871c0df28
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFailed(ImapS ync.java:267)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:158)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:327)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:307)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:259)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailException: Invalid UIDNEXT (> last sync uid)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag es(ImapFolderSync.java:168)
    ... 11 more

fjanon is offline Member

I uninstalled the desktop app, made sure all the folders were deleted, re-installed the desktop app and it worked, started to donwload all my Yahoo Mail Inbox. After 5000+ messages, I had to stop. A few hours later, I restarted the app and I get the exception again:

2008-10-09 21:38:39,203 DEBUG [btpool0-5] [name=fjanon@yahoo.com;aname=local@host.local;mid=2 ;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebClient - PRISM (Win)/0.0;] datasource - Found 5302 tracked IMAP messages for Inbox
    2008-10-09 21:38:39,265 DEBUG [btpool0-5] [name=fjanon@yahoo.com;aname=local@host.local;mid=2 ;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebClient - PRISM (Win)/0.0;] datasource - Local folder '/Inbox': SyncState = {lastUid=418251,exists=-1,unseen=-1,lastModSeq=10902}
    2008-10-09 21:38:39,265 ERROR [btpool0-5] [name=fjanon@yahoo.com;aname=local@host.local;mid=2 ;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebClient - PRISM (Win)/0.0;] datasource - Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' failed
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:46)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:411)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:268)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:189)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    2008-10-09 21:38:39,265 INFO [btpool0-5] [name=fjanon@yahoo.com;aname=local@host.local;mid=2 ;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebClient - PRISM (Win)/0.0;] datasource - Import completed for data source 'Yahoo Mail'
    2008-10-09 21:38:39,265 ERROR [btpool0-5] [name=fjanon@yahoo.com;aname=local@host.local;mid=2 ;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebClient - PRISM (Win)/0.0;] offline - sync failure: Yahoo Mail
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' failed
    ExceptionId:btpool0-5:1223559519265:d9c7eb67a9847fd0
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFailed(ImapS ync.java:267)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:46)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:411)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:268)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:189)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailException: Invalid UIDNEXT (> last sync uid)
    ... 34 more

Thread Information