Thread: Yahoo Issues

the man is offline Intermediate Member

Default Yahoo Issues

I just started using Zimbra a few days ago and I noticed several problems. First, it won't download all my messages (old and new). Second, I thought that Zimbra sync with Yahoo Calendar and Address book. Third, it will randomly decide which messages it wants to send and which ones it doesn't, even if I press the send/receive button. Can someone help me?

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

which build are you using? you should be on 1278.

regarding not downloading certain messages, are they in Inbox or some other folders? If in other folders, are these folders enabled to sync?

calendar/contacts sync are coming.

regarding not sending certain type of messages, are these messages special? for example, with yahoo mail we have a known issue that makes it impossible to send messages with attached forwarded messages. in other words if you try to forward emails as attachments, you'll see this problem.

the man is offline Intermediate Member

I am using build 1278.

It will not download all of my messages (read and unread plus old and new) in my inbox and other folders and all are enabled to sync.

And thank you for clarifying the issue with forwarding emails with attachments. That was what I was trying to do.

antas is offline Starter Member

Unhappy

I'm also using the same build (1278) and encountering exact the same problems. Is there any update on this issue?

mmorse is offline Moderator

Welcome to the forums,

Re forwarding emails as attachments: Bug 30176 - ymail sender can't send rfc822 attachment

The Man's issue with not syncing all messages turned out to be UID corruption on his Y! account that is now resolved via this thread: Single file patch for 1278 users (Could you follow the patch directions in that thread > enable debug trace > attach logs?)

antas is offline Starter Member

Greetings,

thank you for the reply. I applied the patch as mentioned on the other thread Single file patch for 1278 users

I noticed the same things, not all messages is being synched, this applied to all folders: inbox, and also my own created folders.

I also noticed that the zimbra desktop tend to freeze when I go to the account settings > manage data. This happens couple of times, but not always.

I read the other guys post about something like progress bar for synch status would be great. And what about the 'manual synch' and 'manual going on/off line', like in Thunderbird, they provide menu for doing the synchronizing manually, I think that will also be great.

One more thing: is zimbra and also Yahoo! Mail server supporting the IMAP idle or pushmail like capabilities? I guess will help anyone who's traveling a lot and rely on mobile internet connection to minimize the traffic.

I guess that would be to much from me Please forgive me for such many queries

Log attached.

Thank you and best regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

we'll take a look at your trace. thanks!

the "manage data" issue is a known issue. there's a bug in the jsp. it's already fixed in code so it'll work in the next release.

manually going on/off has been requested, but probably won't be included in 1.0. for now you can go to each account and set the schedule to "Manual". I know it's inconvenient but it's a stopgap until we implement a big easy button.

Yahoo IMAP doesn't yet support idle. Also we haven't added idle support in desktop either.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Thread Information