Thread: Error icon/syncing

nabeel is offline Junior Member

Default Error icon/syncing

The error icon shows (I think that's is, the red exclamation point next to "New Folder"), but putting mouse over it/clicking it doesn't do anything. No tooltips show and there's no way to see what it stumbled on.

After clicking "Sync now" for a folder, nothing shows up, even after 25/30 min. Not sure how long the syncing takes. A progress bar would be nice.

My contacts didn't sync either. Not sure if I'm supposed to manually tell it to (can't find a option to do it?).

Cheers

mmorse is offline Moderator

Examine the zdesktop/log/mailbox.log (windows it's drive:\zimbra\zdesktop\log etc)

I gather this isn't a Zimbra account - Yahoo? Gmail? Aol? Just the mail syncs with those right now, tough some add their calendars as a .ics URL to stay updated.

This is a port of our server client, so all of the services of course sync with ZCS - try it out against the hosted demo (free/easy to test & you can have multiple accounts in Zimbra Desktop) and you may just become a convert

I'm gonna assume you're talking about YMail, we do have Yahoo integration planned as I mention in the blog (Note that some apps dont sync to Yahoo! servers yet so the data is local.) Yahoo IMAP access through Zimbra Desktop to all free accounts was the first step that weve added since Beta 1s Plus IMAP access.

Several methods to do so will become available shortly (from both Zimbra & Yahoo! ends of the spectrum) since those are internal RFEs Ive created Bug 30249 - offline : RFE for Yahoo! services intergration for you to watch & vote on (though it obviously has strategic value so we do in-fact plan to implement it). Specific to the address book is this RFE: Bug 23949 - yab sync

Zimbra is Open Source and were very pleased to see more Yahoo! members join our community. To understand how you can shape the future of what Zimbra is see: Open Source Product Management: How do features get into Zimbra? Zimbra :: Blog

In the meantime you can at least import most of your Yahoo contacts:
    http://address.mail.yahoo.com/?1&VPC=import_export (or similar URL) > choose Yahoo! CSV (or Microsoft Outlook)

Then open Zimbra Desktop > Preferences Tab > Address Book Tab > Import CSV.

As IM contacts arent imported easily without field re-arrange Ive filed Bug 30258 - Map Yahoo! fields to Zimbra fields on yahoo_ab.csv imports

Thanks! I'll join 'zilla in a bit, and vote.

And yes, it's Yahoo

2008-07-28 13:36:45,781 INFO [sync-timer-nabby86@yahoo.com] [] datasource - Importing data.
    2008-07-28 13:36:46,062 INFO [sync-timer-***@yahoo.com] [] datasource - Server ID: null
    2008-07-28 13:36:46,109 ERROR [sync-timer-***@yahoo.com] [] offline - sync failure: Yahoo
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to connect to IMAP server: DataSource: { id=9b61682c-4841-452f-996e-2bb6d5759414, type=imap, isEnabled=true, name=Yahoo, host=imap.mail.yahoo.com, port=143, connectionType=cleartext, username=nabby86, folderId=1 }
    ExceptionId:sync-timer-***@yahoo.com:1217266606109:405962bc68808d98
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.connect(ImapSync .java:147)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:118)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:327)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:300)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:357)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:282)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:117)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.CommandFailedException: LOGIN failed: LOGIN failure. Server Error-Please try again after some time. Error code 5
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.checkSta tus(ImapRequest.java:94)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:80)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.sendL ogin(ImapConnection.java:118)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailConnection.login(Mail Connection.java:205)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.connect(ImapSync .java:143)
    ... 9 more
    And thanks for the import stuff. I guess a more hand-off sync may come in the future.

I saw it'd be integrated with yahoo on IMAP (I wonder if that's completely open now, I'm a paying member of Y!Plus, and we haven't had it).

I love the interface though. I'm def excited about this, and I'll be using it from now... so I'm sure I'll find bugs I'll be keeping an eye out..

Thanks!

mmorse is offline Moderator

LOGIN failed: LOGIN failure. Server Error-Please try again after some time. Error code 5
    This error means the account is locked for 15 minutes.

It's possible you (or someone else!) had failed login attempts somewhere, stop the Zimbra Desktop service (not just the prism web-app) for at least 15 minutes.
    Or visit the setup > account make sure your password is correct again, then drop the sync to once every 1/4/12 hours for a bit till this error goes away.

We actually prevent POP with yahoo accounts because it 'locks up' the account for a bit, so we use a special auth token/mechanism for IMAP access - a different method works with all account types in beta 3 whereas it was only plus accounts in beta 1 & 2. This is only through Zimbra Desktop, you can't connect another IMAP client at this time, so think of the IMAP access as a perk to using Zimbra Desktop.
    IMAP to Yahoo accounts is limited for multitude of reasons I won’t go into here; but if I had to guess based on common practices, general IMAP access will probably be available to Plus accounts first when rolled out someday, so thanks for being a Plus member!
    Last edited by mmorse; 07-28-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    This error means the account is locked for 15 minutes.

It's possible you (or someone else!) had failed login attempts somewhere, stop the Zimbra Desktop service (not just the prism web-app) for at least 15 minutes.
    Or visit the setup > account make sure your password is correct again, then drop the sync to once every 1/4/12 hours for a bit till this error goes away.

We actually prevent POP with yahoo accounts because it 'locks up' the account for a bit, so we use a special auth token/mechanism for IMAP access - a different method works with all account types in beta 3 whereas it was only plus accounts in beta 1 & 2. This is only through Zimbra Desktop, you can't connect another IMAP client at this time, so think of the IMAP access as a perk to using Zimbra Desktop.
    IMAP to Yahoo accounts is limited for multitude of reasons I won’t go into here; but if I had to guess based on common practices, general IMAP access will probably be available to Plus accounts first when rolled out someday, so thanks for being a Plus member!
    Thanks. I think it was doing it too much. I had it set to every one minute. Closed Zimbra for a bit, now it seems ok. Hurray.

IMAP was why I wanted to use Zimbra... but I like the interface much better than outlook/thunderbird... and since you're rolling in all of Yahoo services... all the more reason. I'm actually interviewing for a dev position with Yahoo in a few weeks... so I'm a Y! nut... lol.

And been waiting on IMAP for Plus for 3 years now.. heh.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Information