Thread: msg: system failure: error getting UIDL

keithc17 is offline New Member

Default msg: system failure: error getting UIDL

msg: system failure: error getting UIDL
    code: SERVICE.failure

I am trying to get external mail from an Outlook 2003 exchange server. The same settings are working fine in Outlook, Treo, and thunderbird.

Any ideas?

I have read some other forums that UIDL has to do with number of messages or message sizes.

keithc17 is offline New Member

Default This seems to have something to do with too many messages to download

I tried the same server with a new mail account that was just created and it seems to work for POP. The IMAP is showing an turning dial that says the server seems to be slow to respond, click to cancel.

Any ideas how to limit the number of emails that are downloaded in each attempt?

mmorse is offline Moderator

Are you getting that UIDL error with IMAP or POP? (I would expect POP)
    It's usually associated with the leave on server functionality or max size to avoid downloading messages capability rather than the number of messages. Pop has to fetch the entire UIDL map to match message #'s to ordinal #'s; which might be where the 'large amount of messages cause issues' descriptions you're coming across are referencing. (IMAP clients technically only need to request the 32-bit UIDs greater than the highest UID among all previously retrieved messages.)

This account that's working fine in outlook/treo/tunderbird: Are you leaving messages on the server and/or choosing a different setting in Zimbra?

If you ignore the 'slow to respond' on the IMAP can you click 'get mail' & have it work later?

Can you get some more info in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log:
    zmprov aal user@domain.com zimbra.datasource debug

cswank is offline Starter Member

Default Same UIDL/POP issue after upgrade to 6.0

Hi. I'm running into this same UIDL with external POP accounts issue after having upgraded to 6.0 from 5.0.15 (I think..., been a week or so). Anyway, previously setup pop3 external accounts worked fine but now fail. Also, upon adding an account as a test one cannot get past the UIDL error and so can never set up a pop external. Does that answer question I saw earlier about state of the leave messages on server setting? IMAP is fine. This is on a split domain config with the old pop/imap server also acting as the smtp gateway as we are migrating to Zimbra. Following is a tail from mailbox.log as I was attempting said test, hope it helps. I've also done basic connectivity tests to the POP servers in question, they're still up. Thanks for anything you can give pointing me towards a solution and extraction of some teeth from my back-side ;-)

mailbox.log tail, some things redacted as "****":

2009-09-15 18:38:36,086 INFO [btpool0-1307] [name=c****@zimbra.****.com;mid=6;ip=10.1.3.151;ua= ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/6.0.0_GA_1802.UBUNTU8_64;] soap - TestDataSourceRequest
    2009-09-15 18:38:36,087 INFO [btpool0-1307] [name=c****@zimbra.*****.com;mid=6;ip=10.1.3.151;ua =ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/6.0.0_GA_1802.UBUNTU8_64;] datasource - Testing: DataSource: { id=TestId, type=pop3, isEnabled=false, name=Test, host=mail.avidid.com, port=110, connectionType=cleartext, username=c****, folderId=-1 }
    2009-09-15 18:38:36,096 WARN [btpool0-1307] [name=c****@zimbra.****.com;mid=6;ip=10.1.3.151;ua= ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux)/6.0.0_GA_1802.UBUNTU8_64;] datasource - Test failed: DataSource: { id=TestId, type=pop3, isEnabled=false, name=Test, host=mail.avidid.com, port=110, connectionType=cleartext, username=c****, folderId=-1 }
    com.zimbra.common.service.RemoteServiceException: leaving messages on server requires support for UIDL
    ExceptionId:btpool0-1307:1253065116096:b96fa08aefab44fc
    Code:remote.POP3_UIDL_REQUIRED
    at com.zimbra.common.service.RemoteServiceException.P OP3_UIDL_REQUIRED(RemoteServiceException.java:122)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.checkHasUIDL(Pop 3Sync.java:146)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.connect(Pop3Sync .java:140)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.test(Pop3Sync.ja va:81)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.test(Da taSourceManager.java:57)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.TestDataSource.handle(T estDataSource.java:125)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:272)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:156)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:291)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:212)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:187)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:502)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:129)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:378)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:417)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:517)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:868)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:747)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:386)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    2009-09-15 18:40:07,202 INFO [btpool0-1315] [ip=127.0.0.1;] soap - AuthRequest
    2009-09-15 18:40:07,341 INFO [btpool0-1315] [name=zimbra;ip=127.0.0.1;] soap - GetAllServersRequest

karlmdavis is offline Junior Member

Default Vote for these bugs to notify the Zimbra team of the problem.

Please be sure to vote for Bug #30643 and Bug #41213 to let the Zimbra team know this bug is important to resolve.

LeoOfVenice is offline Member

Default This Bug Not Resolved

Please tell me why in bugzilla

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=41213

SEE ALSO

this bug seems Status: RESOLVED

but I've installed version 6.0.2 and I have ever the same problem ....

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LeoOfVenice View Post
    Please tell me why in bugzilla

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=41213

SEE ALSO

this bug seems Status: RESOLVED

but I've installed version 6.0.2 and I have ever the same problem ....
    When you see a bug report marked as Solved please check the Product Portal for the details.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information