Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZmOrganizer ??

hanysys is offline Active Member

Default Graduation Project

Hi,

I'm working in a graduation project that aims to integrate the RUNA WFE services inside the Zimbra client accounts, so that any client login to his account in Zimbra can also check his RUNA account from inside Zimbra UI. Of course this needs to build new UI items in ZimbraClient UI.

I took a look inside Zimbra and the surprise was it seems that Zimbra is fully built with JavaScript, even the HTML code is generated using JavaScript code ?!! am I right??

And so I took another look inside the JavaScript codes, but I didn't get all the Idea; I mean there are things that I have understood, but there were others that I couldn't.

At this moment I decided to write this post to ask about some Documentation for this JavaScript code, because even the code has comments, they do not show every thing.

So can you provide me with such DOCs or what should I do ??

Regards
    Hany

JoshuaPrismon is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hanysys View Post
    I'm working in a graduation project that aims to integrate the RUNA WFE services inside the Zimbra client accounts, so that any client login to his account in Zimbra can also check his RUNA account from inside Zimbra UI. Of course this needs to build new UI items in ZimbraClient UI.
    Very cool project idea.

I took a look inside Zimbra and the surprise was it seems that Zimbra is fully built with JavaScript, even the HTML code is generated using JavaScript code ?!! am I right??
    Pretty much. The DWT model is based on things like SWT (what eclipse uses) and other Java UI interfaces. There is some taglib type functionality out there as well.

And so I took another look inside the JavaScript codes, but I didn't get all the Idea; I mean there are things that I have understood, but there were others that I couldn't.
    The DWT code had some documentation when Zimbra was pushing for inclusion as a Apache incubator project. There is also a Zimlet guide available. However, the best documentation I have seen is simply to run firebug and ZimbraWebClient in debug mode and watch what happens.

If you have questions, why not post them here? It would be a good way to document it anywas.

Default some questions

Hi,

I wanted to ask some questions about the ZmOrganizer.js file, I want to know what is the job of this file?? what is its main purpose??

I found some constants in it like :
    // defined in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ROOT = 1;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_INBOX = 2;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_TRASH = 3;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_SPAM = 4;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ADDRBOOK = 7;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_CALENDAR = 10;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_NOTEBOOK = 12;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_AUTO_ADDED = 13;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_OUTBOX = 254;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ZIMLET = -1000; // zimlets need a range. start from -1000 incrementing up.
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ROSTER_LIST = -11;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ROSTER_TREE_ITEM = -13;

the comment on them says they are defined in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox i went there and that java file just used them to create some, are these folders real folders in the system?? or they are just for grouping ??

If any one could help me ...... I would be pleased to hear of you

Regards
    Hany

Hi,

I wanted to ask some questions about the ZmOrganizer.js file, I want to know what is the job of this file?? what is its main purpose??

I found some constants in it like :
    // defined in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ROOT = 1;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_INBOX = 2;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_TRASH = 3;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_SPAM = 4;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ADDRBOOK = 7;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_CALENDAR = 10;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_NOTEBOOK = 12;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_AUTO_ADDED = 13;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_OUTBOX = 254;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ZIMLET = -1000; // zimlets need a range. start from -1000 incrementing up.
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ROSTER_LIST = -11;
    ZmOrganizer.ID_ROSTER_TREE_ITEM = -13;

the comment on them says they are defined in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox i went there and that java file just used them to create some, are these folders real folders in the system?? or they are just for grouping ??

If any one could help me ...... I would be pleased to hear of you

Regards
    Hany
    IIRC (from a reading of the code long long ago), ZmOrganizers are the representation of items on the left of the screen such as Folders and Tags. In both cases these are not real file systems. The tags and folders are both stored as Metadata in the database rather then the filesystem.

For example, ZmFolder and ZmTag inherit from ZmOrganizer to actually represent those portions of the UI.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I would like to ask : If I needed to add a WFE application to the system beside the existing ones (mail,address book,notebook,..... ) and I want to add his folders Do I have to put constants (like the mentioned in the previous mail) to them in the java file (com.zimbra.cs.Mail.MailBox) and also put them in the organizer ??? or can Use the folders already defined in the organizer ??? or what ???

Regards
    Hany

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I would like to ask : If I needed to add a WFE application to the system beside the existing ones (mail,address book,notebook,..... ) and I want to add his folders Do I have to put constants (like the mentioned in the previous mail) to them in the java file (com.zimbra.cs.Mail.MailBox) and also put them in the organizer ??? or can Use the folders already defined in the organizer ??? or what ???

Regards
    Hany
    I'm not sure (maybe one of the Zimbra people will know) if it's possible to add virtual folders to the ZmOrganizer or not. I do know that it is possible to add components to the Zimlet tree (see the wiki), and it's probably possible to add whole components to the left hand sidebar.

Question

Hi,

So may any body of the Zimbra team could kindly answer my question ?

I hope they reply soon

Regards
    Hany

Hi,

Since no body answered my first Q , I will fire the second Q :

The file ZimbraMail_all.js, I think It is responsible for creating the infrastructure of the client application and then it call the other needed modules to fill the parts of the app !???

Am I right in that or ???

Regards
    Hany

Hi,

Sorry for these lots of Q's but I have found some thing strange in the ZimbraMail_all.js file
    I think it contains a copy of the original files located in zimbraMail folder but instead of using the normal parameter names it uses a numbering notation for the function arguments !!!!

The Q now turned to be : What does really this file do??
    and I want now to add my new app to the zimbra GUI , what do I do with these file to reach my goal??

????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
    Hany

Hi,

I have been waiting long , Is my Q not clear ?? or I have asked the wrong Q?
    I really need an answer for these two last Q's ........

Hope to here from you soon

Regards
    Hany

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information