Thread: RDF metadata

bjayaram is offline New Member

Default RDF metadata

Hi,
    Is it possible to attach metadata to my emails in the form of RDF? I would also like to be able to restrict my searches to those emails that pertain to a RDF resource - is that possible?

Thanks,
    Jayaram

KevinH is offline Expert Member

If you just want to attach a file with RDF contents we can do that. I'm not sure otherwise what you would expect Zimbra to do. Would the RDF information be in seperate headers? Do you have another mail client in mind that does this.

Same question on search. Where would incoming RDF data be stored(headers, body, etc)?

bjayaram is offline New Member

OK, this may be a little half baked. Anyway, similar to the way I can attach tags to messages, I am thinking it would be nice if I could say that the message belongs to a specific enumeration or named class in an OWL ontology with some specific properties. When I email such a message or forward it to others (who also use Zimbra), it would be nice if the metadata was also transmitted with the message so that they can benefit by the tag. While doing searches, I would want the search engine to use the metadata attached to the messages as OWL.

Thanks,
    Jayaram

Thread Information