Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Solaris10 TEST3 Build

nate.wheeler is offline Intermediate Member

is there any way I can get your port to try what serivo did dijichi2?

eric.vdm is offline Starter Member

I'm very interested in that too!

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Sorry guys, I'm not going to give out ancient builds with known security issues, there's no point. I have 5.0b3 up and running, just ironing out a few foibles and working out the zoning before I post a build. 5.0b4 is theoretically due out any day now so might wait for that.

Also, aside from a technical curiosity, there's no point running a 4.x hacked network edition - there is -100% chance (as in minus 100%) of getting any form of official support for it, and if there is any question of it bypassing licensing then I want nothing to do with it.

nate.wheeler is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2 View Post
    Sorry guys, I'm not going to give out ancient builds with known security issues, there's no point. I have 5.0b3 up and running, just ironing out a few foibles and working out the zoning before I post a build. 5.0b4 is theoretically due out any day now so might wait for that.

Also, aside from a technical curiosity, there's no point running a 4.x hacked network edition - there is -100% chance (as in minus 100%) of getting any form of official support for it, and if there is any question of it bypassing licensing then I want nothing to do with it.
    oh ok cool. Thanks dijichi2! Can't wait for your release.

Right.

Good news is the solaris port based on 5.0b3 is ready for testing Still some features missing - it's not integrated with smf yet, does not have zone support and will certainly have some bits of it where I haven't caught the necessary changes. But it does run, at least as well as TEST3.

Bad news. My credit card expired (4 MONTHS ago), and instead of informing me and asking me to change payment details, my home ISP simply cut me off. Didn't even suspend my account, completely disabled my adsl link with BT so I have to apply for a new line, testing and all (that will be 7-10 days sir). I'd just like to take this opportunity to say, PIPEX SUCK. DONT GO ANYWHERE NEAR PIPEX, THEY SUCK ASS. YES, THATS YOU PIPEX. PIPEX SUCK!!!!! Anyway, when I get reconnected I will upload the solaris build! Thankyou for listening to my rant.

OK sorry guys, together the majestic combination of BT and Pipex have managed to fail spectacularly to get my internet connection back and running. So I can't finish the port or upload any of the stuff that i wanted to before I go away. Much as I would really like to produce another full binary installer for solaris 10 x86 and sparc for 5.0, and control the patching etc until it's done, that means you guys hanging on for another month until i come back and finish it.

So i'm going to attach a snapshot of my patches, in case anyone is brave/foolish enough to have a go themselves. There are about 75 patches against clean 5.0rc1 source tree, and it's incomplete (well hey, that's down from the original 150 patches against 5.0b3..). At least during zmsetup if you watch the log carefully there is a cert gen error, which I suspect probably has to do with the Unbound sockets error when zmmailboxd starts up. But everything compiles, and apart from zmmailboxd, runs. It's about 99% complete. Please look at the beginning of this thread for the tarball.

I promise i'll produce 100% working binary installs for x86 and sparc when i get back at the beginning of november. Apologies for the delay, but even posting this over a 3k mobile link is painful enough
    Last edited by dijichi2; 10-12-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information