Thread: Sending Mail Not Working

arww is offline Junior Member

Default Sending Mail Not Working

Hi,

When I send mail to a domain outside our server it doesn't get there. Many times after clicking send it just sits there and then says the server is slow to respond.... Everything is live and working with the server. Mail does send to other addresses within our domain.

Here is a copy of the stats from the server status:

[zimbra@ip-68-178-146-11 ~]$ zmcontrol status
    Host attainresponsexie.com
    antispam Running
    antivirus Running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    [zimbra@ip-68-178-146-11 ~]$

When I go to the admin control panel and click our domain under mail queues it gives me the following error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Message: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: attainresponsexie.com->zimbra@attainresponsexie.com:22}
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: attainresponsexie.com->zimbra@attainresponsexie.com:22}
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:175)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.getSession(Remot eManager.java:197)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.execute(RemoteMa nager.java:134)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetMailQueueInfo.handl e(GetMailQueueInfo.java:56)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:262)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:162)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:162)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: auth failed
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.getSession(Remot eManager.java:190)
    ... 24 more

Error code: service.FAILURE
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Receiver
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you "enabled DNS lookups" in the admin UI/Server setting? For the queue problem, is sshd running? Is there any firewall or SElinux that may be blocking port 22?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Answers to your questions.

Have you "enabled DNS lookups" in the admin UI/Server setting?
    YES

For the queue problem, is sshd running?
    NO

Is there any firewall or SElinux that may be blocking port 22?
    NO

Additional help is appreciated. Thanks

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Well, I guess you'd better start the sshd daemon or you won't have Admin UI access to the queues.

Does your server actually accept the mail destined for an outside domain? I'm not really sure what you're trying to say about being unable to send mail outside your server. Could you give a more detailed description of what happens?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Response to your question

Sure, thanks. So maybe I am not clear on what SSHD is in reference to how you are referring to it. We use SSH to get to the root of our server and to get into Zimbra at the root level. Is there something else we need to do with SSHD? Here is what one of my developers said about SSHD:

"SSHD would be the server piece which SSH (the client piece) connects to in order to get a command line connection to the server. So, we both know those things are working perfectly."

What happens with sending mail is that the domain we have set up for testing works fine for sending mail to addresses within that domain. So wade@attainresponsexie.com sending to dave@attainresponsexie.com works fine.

However, any other domain in existences we can not send mail to, they do not receive it. So if I send you an email you will not receive it.

The opening thread of this post explains what is happening.

Many times the system gives me an error saying the server is slow to respond... but I check the server and it is fine then I send to another address within the configured domain and it works. Then I try to send it to another email address "outside our server" or "outside the domain" and it is not received or I get the server is slow to respond error. We only have one domain set up in the admin area.

I went to the Admin area to try and trouble shoot this and noticed that when I click on the domain under Mail Queues I get the error shown here http://www.attainresponse.com/images...eues-error.png. Would this have anything to do with it? The full text of the error message is shown in the initial thread of this post.

Thanks
    Last edited by arww; 02-21-2007 at 07:46 AM.

JoshuaPrismon is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by arww View Post
    Hi,

When I send mail to a domain outside our server it doesn't get there. Many times after clicking send it just sits there and then says the server is slow to respond.... Everything is live and working with the server. Mail does send to other addresses within our domain.

Here is a copy of the stats from the server status:

[zimbra@ip-68-178-146-11 ~]$ zmcontrol status
    Host attainresponsexie.com
    antispam Running
    antivirus Running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    [zimbra@ip-68-178-146-11 ~]$

When I go to the admin control panel and click our domain under mail queues it gives me the following error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Message: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: attainresponsexie.com->zimbra@attainresponsexie.com:22}
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: attainresponsexie.com->zimbra@attainresponsexie.com:22}
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:175)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.getSession(Remot eManager.java:197)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.execute(RemoteMa nager.java:134)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetMailQueueInfo.handl e(GetMailQueueInfo.java:56)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:262)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:162)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:162)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: auth failed
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.getSession(Remot eManager.java:190)
    ... 24 more

Error code: service.FAILURE
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Receiver
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

SSH is actually used by the queue monitor to mine the appropriate data out of the postfix config. That is part of the problem here.

Check here:
    Monitoring statistics and mail queues not working
    and:
    Emails Queue Fatal Error ( /opt/zimbra/.ssh/zimbra_identity don't exist)

Thread Information