Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make a zimbra developer build?

agunturu is offline Junior Member

Default How to make a zimbra developer build?

Hi,
    I am trying to make a Zimbra developer build. I started with the instructions at the following link, but I found that the packages it is using are old and some of the links it points to are broken.
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...e_5_and_x86_64

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Anil

KevinH is offline Expert Member

We have been working on a couple new docs. One for Mac and one for Win32. I'll attach them for now but soon they will be in SVN. Please let us know if you have any suggestions to improve or find errors.

Thanks to our intern Melih for the heavy lifting by writing and testing these docs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

BTW: These docs talk about creating a dev build as if you'll develop on Zimbra. So for server or AJAX dev work. They don't build all the 3rd party code or do any of the pkg'ing..

We are working on a way to make source builds easier so you can sync to SVN, run a script to pull down the dependencies and then run make for a fully pkg'd installable binary.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

My JAVA_HOME is set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\bin. But I still have trouble building the image.
    Buildfile: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build.xml
    clean:
    [delete] Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build
    build-init:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\class es
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\gener ated\src\java
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\wiki
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\data
    make-dirs:
    [echo] Creating dirs under C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ openldap
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ openldap\etc\schema
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ bin
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ conf\msgs
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ db
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ lib\ext
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ lib\jars
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ libexec
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ tomcat\common\endorsed
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ tomcat\common\lib
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ tomcat\conf
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ tomcat\webapps
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\dist\ wiki
    compile:
    build-init:
    compile:
    jar:
    build-init:
    compile:
    jar:
    [javac] Compiling 1035 source files to C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\class es

BUILD FAILED
    C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build.xml:2 72: Error running javac.exe compiler

Total time: 3 seconds

In addition to JAVA_HOME, I needed to set my PATH variable. But now I run into the following error:
    generate-ldap-config:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\attrs
    [copy] Copying 2 files to C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\attrs
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\ldap-config
    [java] [] WARN: local config file `\opt\zimbra\conf\localconfig.xml' is not readable
    [java] [] WARN: while loading attrs, ignoring not .xml file: C:\Documents\versions-init.sql
    [java] Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents (Access is denied)
    [java] at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
    [java] at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    [java] at com.zimbra.cs.account.AttributeManager.main(Attrib uteManager.java:625)

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Anil

JoshuaPrismon is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
    BTW: These docs talk about creating a dev build as if you'll develop on Zimbra. So for server or AJAX dev work. They don't build all the 3rd party code or do any of the pkg'ing..

We are working on a way to make source builds easier so you can sync to SVN, run a script to pull down the dependencies and then run make for a fully pkg'd installable binary.
    Awesome.

This would be absolutely huge, and I think you will find that there are suddenly a lot more community sponsored builds when that occurs. Thank you also for the new howto, I will test it later on today.

Quote Originally Posted by agunturu View Post
    In addition to JAVA_HOME, I needed to set my PATH variable. But now I run into the following error:
    generate-ldap-config:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\attrs
    [copy] Copying 2 files to C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\attrs
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\utm\zimbra\frank\ZimbraServer\build\ldap-config
    [java] [] WARN: local config file `\opt\zimbra\conf\localconfig.xml' is not readable
    [java] [] WARN: while loading attrs, ignoring not .xml file: C:\Documents\versions-init.sql
    [java] Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents (Access is denied)
    [java] at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
    [java] at com.zimbra.cs.account.AttributeManager.main(Attrib uteManager.java:625)

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Anil
    I believe the problem here is that the code isn't smart enough to actually handle the space. The two possible ways to fix this are: a) Don't use a directory with a space in it, or b) Windows allows you to refer to "long" paths (ie, c:\documents and settings) via a 8.3 name. In my case, "c:\documents and settings" can also be refered to as "c:\docume~1"

Thanks. After changing the directory name it seem to compile. I am able to access http://localhost:7070/zimbra, but I still have trouble accessing https://localhost:7071/zimbraAdmin. Do I need to configure something else for admin console?
    Thanks,
    -Anil

When I checkout FRANK, and run reset-the-world I get the following error:
    I am going to try and compile head and see if it works any better:

Code:
     [javac] Compiling 371 source files to H:\projects\ZimbraIM\build\classes
        [javac] H:\projects\ZimbraIM\src\java\org\jivesoftware\database\AbstractConnection.java:23: org.jivesoftware.database.AbstractConnection is not abstract and does not override abstract method createStruct(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) in java.sql.Connection
        [javac] public class AbstractConnection implements Connection {
        [javac] ^
        [javac] H:\projects\ZimbraIM\src\java\org\jivesoftware\database\ProfiledConnection.java:631: org.jivesoftware.database.ProfiledConnection.TimedStatement is not abstract and does not override abstract method isPoolable() in java.sql.Statement
        [javac] class TimedStatement extends StatementWrapper {
        [javac] ^
        [javac] H:\projects\ZimbraIM\src\java\org\jivesoftware\database\ProfiledConnection.java:719: org.jivesoftware.database.ProfiledConnection.TimedPreparedStatement is not abstract and does not override abstract method isPoolable() in java.sql.Statement
        [javac] class TimedPreparedStatement extends PreparedStatementWrapper {
        [javac] ^
        [javac] H:\projects\ZimbraIM\src\java\org\jivesoftware\database\ProfiledConnection.java:924: org.jivesoftware.database.ProfiledConnection.TimedCallableStatement is not abstract and does not override abstract method isPoolable() in java.sql.Statement
        [javac] class TimedCallableStatement extends CallableStatementWrapper {
        [javac] ^
        [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
        [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
        [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
        [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
        [javac] 4 errors

BUILD FAILED
    H:\projects\ZimbraServer\build.xml:271: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    H:\projects\ZimbraIM\build.xml:54: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
    Edit: I did a check out of HEAD, and it still occurs there. Anyone have any ideas?
    Hmm. This might be due to the JVM version being used
    Last edited by JoshuaPrismon; 02-13-2007 at 02:25 PM.

Hmm. This might be due to the JVM version being used[/QUOTE]

That was the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information