Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make a zimbra developer build?

JoshuaPrismon is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Code:
    inject:
         [echo] Inserting default contacts: user1@jamie
         [java] Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: data\soap\samplecontacts.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
         [java] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
         [java] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
         [java] at com.zimbra.common.util.ByteUtil.getContent(ByteUtil.java:86)
         [java] at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTestHarness.runTests(SoapTestHarness.java:240)
         [java] at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTestHarness.main(SoapTestHarness.java:199)
    This problem has been hanging around for a bit, and I can't find a copy of the samplecontacts.xml anywhere. Is there a way to generate a new one for testing? There was a workaround which basically got rid of the failure when the program isn't found, but contacts would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by agunturu View Post
    Thanks. After changing the directory name it seem to compile. I am able to access http://localhost:7070/zimbra, but I still have trouble accessing https://localhost:7071/zimbraAdmin. Do I need to configure something else for admin console?
    Thanks,
    -Anil
    Did you run admin-deploy?

agunturu is offline Junior Member

I found the issue with https relating to the Tomcat native dll. After reinstalling tomcat without the native dll the problem seem to disappear.

Now I run into the same problem that you are facing with samplecontacts.xml. (I think, I didn't have the issue before reinstalling, but I am may be wrong).

I wonder what is the solution to the samplecontacts.xml issue.

Cheers,

-Anil

I found the issue with https relating to the Tomcat native dll. After reinstalling tomcat without the native dll the problem seem to disappear.

Now I run into the same problem that you are facing with samplecontacts.xml. (I think, I didn't have the issue before reinstalling, but I am may be wrong).

I wonder what is the solution to the samplecontacts.xml issue.

Cheers,

-Anil
    Edit the build.xml and edit the inject task so that it doesn't fail on error:
    See the failonerror="false" below:
    Code:
    	<target name="inject" depends="compile">
    		<echo>Inserting default contacts: user1@${zimbra.server.hostname}</echo>
    		<java classname="com.zimbra.soap.SoapTestHarness" fork="true" classpathref="class.path" failonerror="false">
    			<arg line="-f data/soap/samplecontacts.xml" />
    		</java>
    		<echo>Creating default search folders: user1@${zimbra.server.hostname}</echo>
    		<java classname="com.zimbra.soap.SoapTestHarness" fork="true" classpathref="class.path" failonerror="false">
    			<arg line="-f data/soap/samplesearchfolders.xml" />
    		</java>
    		<echo message="Wait for lmtp host=${lmtp.host} port=${lmtp.port}" />
    		<waitfor checkevery="1" checkeveryunit="second" maxwait="60" maxwaitunit="second">
    			<socket server="${lmtp.host}" port="${lmtp.port}" />
    		</waitfor>
    		<echo>LmtpInject messages</echo>
    		<java classname="com.zimbra.cs.lmtpserver.utils.LmtpInject" fork="true" classpathref="class.path" failonerror="false">
    			<arg line="-t ${lmtpinject.numthreads} -a ${lmtp.host} -p ${lmtp.port} -r user1@${zimbra.server.hostname} -s ho@example.zimbra.com -d" />
    			<arg path="data/TestMailRaw" />
    		</java>
    		<echo>Importing Wiki documents for user1</echo>
    		<java classname="com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil" fork="true" classpathref="class.path" failonerror="true">
    			<arg line="-l impn user1@${zimbra.server.hostname} test123 data/wiki/user1 /" />
    		</java>
    	</target>

<target name="inject-npscontacts" depends="compile">
    		<echo>Inserting NPS contacts: user4@${zimbra.server.hostname}</echo>
    		<java classname="com.zimbra.soap.SoapTestHarness" fork="true" classpathref="class.path" failonerror="true">
    			<arg line="-f data/soap/nps-contacts-orig.xml" />
    		</java>
    	</target>
    This works like a champ. I haven't yet hooked it up to a debugger (I particularly care about getting the servlet's under a debugger - proxy servlet in particular so I can monitor connections to/from zimlets)

SuperMario is offline Zimbra Employee

In addition to JAVA_HOME, I needed to set my PATH variable.
    Sorry, I had done that, but I forgot to add it to the install script. I will add that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
    Hmm. This might be due to the JVM version being used
    One thing that I noticed was that Java5 works, but Java6 doesn't. It might be that I hadn't setup my environment properly, but I think that for now it might be Java5 only.

neurosion is offline Starter Member

I feel like I've followed the instructions for building Frank on Windows to the letter, but after logging in to the client using the test user the page displays the Zimbra "Loading ..." screen and never jumps away from that screen to the actual client. Any ideas?
    Last edited by neurosion; 02-20-2007 at 08:40 AM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by neurosion View Post
    I feel like I've followed the instructions for building Frank on Windows to the letter, but after logging in to the client using the test user the page displays the Zimbra "Loading ..." screen and never jumps away from that screen to the actual client. Any ideas?
    The usual reasons for that are: firewall; SElinux enabled; pop-up vlockers or add-ons in the browser. Try disabling any firewall or selinux first. Can you login to the admin ui?

I assume all the services are running? Does a 'zmcontrol status' run as the Zimbra user show the services?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

neurosion is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The usual reasons for that are: firewall; SElinux enabled; pop-up vlockers or add-ons in the browser. Try disabling any firewall or selinux first. Can you login to the admin ui?

I assume all the services are running? Does a 'zmcontrol status' run as the Zimbra user show the services?
    Ah, no, it was far simpler and more embarrassing than that. I only THOUGHT I was building Frank. I was actually up in the TRUNK.

Everything is fine now. Nothing to see here.

Thanks for the help, though.

Default Getting this to build

I am working on getting this to build on feisty fawn. So far so good, until I hit the reset-the-world. I appear to be hitting permissions issue. The build requires root (for killing openldap), but when I use root, I run into permissions errors when trying to open redolog which kills tomcat ;-(

Anyone seen this before? I am trying different permutations to see what works best. Thank you very much Zimbra guys for making this available.
    Running ant outside of eclipse seemed to fix this.
    Last edited by JoshuaPrismon; 02-20-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
    I am working on getting this to build on feisty fawn. So far so good, until I hit the reset-the-world. I appear to be hitting permissions issue. The build requires root (for killing openldap), but when I use root, I run into permissions errors when trying to open redolog which kills tomcat ;-(

Anyone seen this before? I am trying different permutations to see what works best. Thank you very much Zimbra guys for making this available.
    Running ant outside of eclipse seemed to fix this.
    This is building very well now, until I try to create the Wiki:

Code:
    init-wiki:
         [echo] Initializing wiki@surprise
         [java] Initializing folders 
         [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
         [java]     at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.setFolderPermission(WikiUtil.java:297)
         [java]     at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil.initFolders(WikiUtil.java:454)
         [java]     at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil.initWiki(WikiUtil.java:496)
         [java]     at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil.initDefaultWiki(WikiUtil.java:459)
         [java]     at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.initNotebook(ProvUtil.java:1206)
         [java]     at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.execute(ProvUtil.java:536)
         [java]     at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java:1455)

BUILD FAILED
    /media/Projects/ZimbraServer/build.xml:449: Java returned: 1
    The findFolder method is returning null....
    Last edited by JoshuaPrismon; 02-20-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information