Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can't authenticate on soap

tdesorbaix is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Why do you bother yourself with this?
    Just add manually the certificate of your zimbra server as a trusted certificate in your dev environment tomcat.
    Last edited by tdesorbaix; 07-11-2013 at 12:54 AM.

mouden.asmae is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tdesorbaix View Post
    Why do you bother yourself with this?
    Just add manually the certificate of your zimbra server as a trusted certificate in your dev environment tomcat.
    i added a certificate manually but still have this problem what can i do? have i to reinstall zimbra server or what?

tdesorbaix is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Adding the certificate will just allow you to remove all the code used to add it every time you rune your application.
    It won't solve your problem, that you have yet to find what problem it is, since you have not checked yet the log of your dev environment as I told you.
    I was asking you to check the log of the tomcat you are using with your eclipse, not the logs of the zimbra server.

Quote Originally Posted by tdesorbaix View Post
    Adding the certificate will just allow you to remove all the code used to add it every time you rune your application.
    It won't solve your problem, that you have yet to find what problem it is, since you have not checked yet the log of your dev environment as I told you.
    I was asking you to check the log of the tomcat you are using with your eclipse, not the logs of the zimbra server.
    Sorry, i checked my tomcat's logs there nothing wrong , this is the logs:
    the others are empty, wish that helps to detect the problem, thank you for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Does you code actually save the certificate correctly ?

Have you tried swapping out "C:\\Program Files\\..." for "C:\\Progra~1\\..." or just moving the cacerts directory to a directory off root with no spaces in the name.

I have seen spaces in the file path cause issues many times.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    Does you code actually save the certificate correctly ?

Have you tried swapping out "C:\\Program Files\\..." for "C:\\Progra~1\\..." or just moving the cacerts directory to a directory off root with no spaces in the name.

I have seen spaces in the file path cause issues many times.
    yes i think so, i didn't understand what are you meaning exactly? in which path have i to save my cert?

It is up to you where you store your certificates. If that part is working there may be no problem with the path.

But in my experience there are often issues with java/php code that are caused by spaces in the path on windows systems.

To eliminate that possibility - change your code to use the alternative name for the windows "Program Files" path element which is "Progra~1", or alternatively create your own cert store directory "C:\\CAcerts" (a name that contains no spaces) and save all your certs in there. Then try that.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    It is up to you where you store your certificates. If that part is working there may be no problem with the path.

But in my experience there are often issues with java/php code that are caused by spaces in the path on windows systems.

To eliminate that possibility - change your code to use the alternative name for the windows "Program Files" path element which is "Progra~1", or alternatively create your own cert store directory "C:\\CAcerts" (a name that contains no spaces) and save all your certs in there. Then try that.
    thank you for your help this code work fine i used it before ,there is no spaces in the path.i added a certificate manually but still the problem persist .

Quote Originally Posted by mouden.asmae View Post
    thank you for your help this code work fine i used it before ,there is no spaces in the path.i added a certificate manually but still the problem persist .
    Your earlier post showed

Code:
    //for my windows and java
    	File file = new File("C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.7.0_21\\jre\\lib\\security\\cacerts");
    This shows a space in the path to the file - there is a space between the work "Program" and the word "Files". This is what I am talking about.

But, if you have tested this part and you know it works - then it is likely not your problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information