Thread: Building SVN for CentOS 4.4 (Perl/amavisd)

GrepACE is offline Member

Default Building SVN for CentOS 4.4 (Perl/amavisd)

Hello,

I am still trying to get my build of the SVN to run. Everything has compiled successfully, but I have run into a few snags on startup.

After installing my build I noticed that amavisd was not starting. I ran the zmamavisdctl command manually and received a large list of modules that it could not find (IO::Stringy, etc). I checked my zimbramon/lib folder and sure enough the modules were there. Out of sheer frustration, I decided to copy the amavisd-new-2.4.1 directory from the the RHEL4 binary package and use it instead. It almost started, but it stopped stating that it could not find the Compress::Zlib module. I then found that the location of the Compress::Zlib module in my zimbramon directory was different from that of the RHEL4 binary Zimbra package.

My CentOS 4.4 build:
    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Compress/Zlib.pm
    RHEL4 build:
    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/Compress/Zlib.pm
    I moved my Compress folder into i386-linux-thread-multi and it still failed. After more searching I noticed that the RHEL4 binary package actually had files other than .packlist in this directory:

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Compress/Zlib 

-rw-r--r--  1 zimbra zimbra    841 Jun 29 18:49 .packlist
    -r--r--r--  1 zimbra zimbra      0 Jun 29 18:49 Zlib.bs
    -r-xr-xr-x  1 zimbra zimbra 279397 Jun 29 18:49 Zlib.so
    -r--r--r--  1 zimbra zimbra     92 Jun 29 18:49 autosplit.ix
    Not wanting to mix Compress::Zlib modules, I copied both the auto/Compress/Zlib directory and the Compress/Zlib.pm from the RHEL4 binary package into my zimbramon. After doing all this, amavisd finally started!

My first question is, why are my Perl modules not being placed in the correct locations (and missing files Zlib.bs/Zlib.so, etc)?

Also, what is the difference between the amavisd-new-2.4.1 from the RHEL4 binary package my CentOS 4.4 build? Why would one see the modules and the other not? Does the amavisd.2.3.3.patch still need to be applied to amavisd-new-2.4.1?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by GrepACE; 12-08-2006 at 10:42 AM.

GrepACE is offline Member

In the case that someone else has ran across this same issue, I will post my solution.

For amavisd, the answer is YES to applying the amavisd.2.3.3.patch to amavisd-new-2.4.1.

As for the Compress::Zlib problem, it seems that there is an issue with the latest version 2.001 and amavisd-new-2.4.1. You need to modify the Makefile in the ThirdParty/Perl directory to use the previous 1.42 version of the Compress::Zlib module.

Change this line:

Code:
    Compress::Zlib \
    To this:

Code:
    P/PM/PMQS/Compress-Zlib-1.42.tar.gz \
    Problems solved!

Thread Information