Thread: Why Zimbra, when you have gmail?

Roger75 is offline Active Member

Default Why Zimbra, when you have gmail?

Gmail: free, everyday enlarging quota size
    Zimbra: it seems nobody cares about its development...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Roger75 View Post
    Gmail: free, everyday enlarging quota size
    You have no input on the development of gmail. You also hand over all rights to your emiail for google to use as they see fit i.e. you no longer own it. BTW, the only quota on ZCS is that size of your hard disk space.

Zimbra: it seems nobody cares about its development...
    That's an absolutely nonsensical statement. The Zimbra Collaboration Server is provided free of charge and built for you for a specific set of platforms, if you decide to build it for other platforms or make changes to the source code you can discuss it here - that's what this forum is for. If you have problems (bug reports) or a suggestion for enhancement (RFE) then you file those in bugzilla - that's not what this forum is for.

This quote from the forum index:

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
    These forums are Community Supported forums and people that post here are all volunteers and don't get paid for this, they are not official Zimbra support.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

If you have problems (bug reports) or a suggestion for enhancement (RFE) then you file those in bugzilla - that's not what this forum is for.
    I don't understand why bugs cannot be discussed here... doesn't it make this forum useless?
    It is really sad when people post a question in this forum but no one answers...

I don't understand why bugs cannot be discussed here... doesn't it make this forum useless?
    Nobody said you couldn't discuss bugs in the forums but if you want them fixed then the correct place to report the

Quote Originally Posted by Roger7 questions they';re asked when someone tries to help them and the thousands of other difficulties 5 View Post
    It is really sad when people post a question in this forum but no one answers...
    You're obviously no used to forums, there are many reasons why forum post go unanswered - search the web if you want to find some of the reasons. It's also sad when people post question that are pointless, have too little information, don't answer questions they're asked when someone is trying to help and the thousand of other problems that occur in forums. So, what's the point of your original post? If you like gmail so much, why don't you use that instead of ZCS.
    Regards

Bill

It's hard to face the truth...

It's hard to face the truth...
    See what I mean, you can't even be bothered to enter into a sensible discussion or answer a couple of simple questions and you resorting to being obtuse. I have no interest in continuing this sort of pointless thread, I'll leave you to your own devices.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    See what I mean, you can't even be bothered to enter into a sensible discussion or answer a couple of simple questions and you resorting to being obtuse. I have no interest in continuing this sort of pointless thread, I'll leave you to your own devices.
    Just check out this room and notice that almost all the posts have no answers... It is a fact: this forum is abandoned...

Thread Information